“On Tampa's magic mile of breakfast...”

Nicki's Omlette & Grill
Ranked #77 of 2,400 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Panama City
“On Tampa's magic mile of breakfast...”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am reviewing 4 different breakfast restaurants that are all located within a mile or so of each other on Hillsborough. The other ones are Village Inn, The Ranch House and the Garden Grille Cafe. My qualifications for these restaurants are that they serve breakfast any time of the day...which is my favorite meal not just in the mornings.

Nickis has been here a long time and of all the places in this area probably has the widest range and unique styles of omelette selections. The atmosphere has not been touched in the last decade that I can tell, but they continue to put out some of the softest quality omelettes you will find anywhere.

I like that they have a counter for us solo eaters...at the same time it seems they have so much stuff along the backend of the counter, the waitresses have a hard time seeing and serving to those of us who prefer counter seating. Its a long difficult reach to refill that coffee cup.

My favorite omelettes of recent memory was the Alaskan...featuring fresh salmon, fresh onion and creamed cheese...and the meat eaters combo omelette. I also like the fresh fruit you can order on the side instead of heavy potato carbs.

This place packs up on the weekends during mid morning rush...so you might want to schedule around that heavy time as service can drop off when they are busy. I guess that is most anywhere.

Keep turning out those quality omelettes...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Srsuerte

• Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Looking for a special breakfast, but only found another okay breakfast”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I admit, it's hard to be blown away by breakfast, and even an average breakfast is pretty darn good. Nicki's is a 3.5 star place, but I'm rounding down because you put omelette in your name, so your omelette should blow me away. It didn't.

My girlfriend got a benedict, and she liked hers. I wouldn't be surprised if she went with 4 stars. I got the club omelette - turkey, ham and bacon - and I substituted spinach instead of tomato. They do have meat lovers omelette, which I should have gotten, but it honestly sounded like too much. Bacon, ham, ground beef, pepperoni, and more (I don't remember all the meats). However, there is a good chance that had I followed my instinct, I would have been happier.

That said, I just wasn't thrilled. I could have made this at home and it would have tasted exactly the same. Its the reason why I normally don't order omelettes when I go out for breakfast. I can cook a few eggs and fold them over meat and cheese. But again, its in your business' name, so I'm going to try it.

The breakfast potatoes were okay. Definitely above average. Service was a bit slow, but they were busy. They weren't very good at seating. They told everyone (including us) that it would just be a minute to be sat. We waited 5 or so and just grabbed a spot at the bar. Other people waited longer before they were finally sat.

I'm a bit disappointed with how difficult its becoming to find a really great breakfast place in Tampa/St. Pete. Oh well, mustn't become discouraged.

• Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida
“Great breakfast place”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Easy in and out with good food, fast and pleasant service. I wish I had been able to go back for lunch.

Visited December 2013
Naples, Florida
“Great local breakfast”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I had to find a quick bite in the early morning; before a training class in Tampa. Great breakfast joint, but note that Nicki's is only open from 6a - 2p.

Soooo deliciously local. The staff was very friendly. The omelettes were HUGE; the 2 of us really could have split just one. I particularly fell for their fluffy biscuits; YUM. About average price, but above average breakfast potatoes.

• Visited November 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Very good choice for breakfast”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We picked here to eat because we were close by and the reviews on TripAdvisor. Inside it had the feel of those old-timey breakfast places I love so well. It appeared very clean and the service was excellent. I was surprised to find eggs benedict on the menu, but decided to try them. I was very pleasantly surprised. Eggs cooked perfectly - which isn't always the case even it upscale places- excellent non-fatty ham, and perfect consistency of the sauce. I topped this off with a slice of their homemade cinnamon bread. My wife got a breakfast sandwich and was equally happy. We would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013