“Don't understand the high ratings” 3 of 5 bubbles

Nicki's Omlette & Grill
Ranked #62 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
baltimore
“Don't understand the high ratings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast here today and we both agreed our experience left us both questioning why Nicki's is rated so highly. They do not serve butter (just Country Crock) and no cream or half & half with coffee (just Coffee-Mate). My sausage omelet was substantial but lacked flavor and was dry. Same with my wife's bacon omelet. Hers was accompanied by a large volume of plain country potatoes, and mine with dry, bland hash browns. Service was a bit slow despite there not being many patrons.

Not worth a special trip.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Awesome, Just Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Earlier today we had stopped by Nicki's around noon. We live in Ocala, but stop here normally in the mornings when we come to see family. I decided to eat lunch this time and ordered the new Cyclops Burger. A burger with bacon, cheese, and an egg on top. I like to think that I am a bit of a burger expert. This burger exceeded all of my expectations. I love their breakfast, but this burger took me to a new level of pleasure that I didn't think existed. Service was quick and great. I have never had a bad experience here except that I have to drive 90 miles to eat here!!!

Clearwater, Florida
“Favorite Breakfast Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nikki's has the breakfast in the Tampa Bay area. It might look like a small little mom and pop restaurant but the food is delicious. It has a very small town feel to it and the staff is very friendly. Great prices for good portions. One of my favorite places to eat breakfast!

• Visited May 2013
pt st lucie, florida
“This has become a regular stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been having family reunions once a year in tampa and found this gem the first year and have made sure we return each time because the food it great, the service is great and the place is great! Always a pleasure and they seated 10 of us on a busy sunday morning with only a 5 minute wait. Keep up the good work.

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This little place serves great breakfast with great service. The servers are always friendly. It does get busy and it can be difficult to find parking but it is definitely worth the visit. We have been a few times and have never been disappointed with the food. Try the biscuit debris, it is really good!

• Visited March 2013