“Not so great”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North of Fletcher & South of Ehrlich
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food here has nothing to compare to Benihana's and or Kobe's.
We were there last week and the food and service was awful. The friend rice came out already cooked, was extremly salty, tasted like rice a roni, all they did was warm it up in front of you and then serve it to you. The noodles were not good, over cooked. The waitress was all over the place. We won't be going back.

There are newer reviews for Arigato-Tampa

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Made a reservation for Fathers Day - actually seated on time. The restaurant was very empty for a holiday or any day. That may be the key to good service. For a change we had very good service - drinks refilled quickly and without asking. Our Chef showed up quickly and was very funny, not just the usual schtick. Portions seem to be getting smaller, we had a party of 7 and the rice and veggies looked as though there was enough for 3-4, very skimpy. The steak, chicken and shrimp were all cooked to order. I have been to Arigato many times, mostly the Clearwater location and I would like to be clear that this is not normal, usually you have to wait, service is poor and food so-so. Plus, they add a service charge (tip) to bill and don't tell you, so be careful you don't double tip.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This was our first trip to Arigato, but we have been to numerous Japanese steakhouses in the past. We tried Arigato because of a groupon coupon. We decided to go for our Wedding anniversary. I called two weeks prior and received a 7:30 p.m. reservation. When we arrived, we were told that there would be a short wait. 30 minutes later we were taken to a table. So much for a reservation. The service is extremely slow. It took another 15 minutes to get drinks for the table and after being there nearly a hour we finally got our soup and salad. The chef who cooked at the table was pleasant, but did not serve out equal portions to everyone sitting at the table. The shimp was undercooked. My wife ordered the Filet Mignon which was an extra charge. The chef over cooked it so that it ended up tough as shoe leather. The servers checked back once to refill drinks, but that was not until the end of the meal. The food and drinks were OK at best. The next time, we have the urge to go to a Japanese Steakhouse, it will not be the Arigato in Tampa.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was our first time there, and our last. The portion sizes and the quality are not up to expectations. First of all, the meat was way overcooked and tough as nails. Secondly, I had ordered some chicken along with the person next to me. The chef cooks the chicken up and serves it to four people instead of the two it was intended for. The other two people tell the chef they didn't order chicken after he plates it, and the chef says, you get free chicken, but he doesn't throw more chicken on the grill, the person and I that ordered it get the leftovers! So I paid for chicken for a stranger. Then when I get my bill, I get charged for beer that I didn't order, the people next to me did. I then handed a groupon and they purposely added 20% gratuity to the check. It wasn't worth my time and trouble, they may have taken advantage of me, served me poor quality food, but it will never happen again. Avoid this place. Poor quality, small portions, cramped seating, and the staff wasn't very friendly either. Did I mention that they did not give me back my detail billed after I handed them my groupon? This was an attempt to hide the gratuity in my opinion.

1  Thank Tidybowl
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Hubby and I decided to go to dinner with some friends Friday night, Arigatos was not busy so we thought we would have a nice evening..boy was I wrong. The first thing that was wrong is the Chef forgot part of my husbandand my friends husband food. When they ask for it, he got very upset. Then the smoke was blowing in my face as he cooked which was really strange since I was sitting directly up under the ac vent. So I ask the waiter to do something about it. He got a manager to come out, the manager came out and went directly to the "white" guest at the table to make sure they were alright, he never even looked our way. They stated they were and then he made a comment about someone complaining, so since he didn't ask us I advised him it was me and I was extremely hot and that the smoke was irritating me. But the worst thing is yet to come...all of us got sick immediately after dinner, had to cut our evening short to go home and use the restroom. My friends decided to go and complain the next day only to be given excuses and I was blamed for the Chef being off, I was referred to as the "black girl" at the table. I wasn't cooking, so how was I to blame? This is not the first time we have been to Arigatos and the service was bad but since our friends invited us we decided to give them another chance....Never Again!

2  Thank Alfie S