“Awful Pizza no cheese and little sause”
Review of Alfonso's Pizzeria

Alfonso's Pizzeria
Ranked #607 of 2,398 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Tampa, Florida
“Awful Pizza no cheese and little sause”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been a customer for over 30 years. They used to be the very best pizza. I think they are the worst. No flavor not good think NY pizza style anymore. There are pizza places that are so much better, they are also unfriendly

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank steve v

Tampa, Florida
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

It may seem like a hole in the wall, but they make awesome pizza. The owners are cool & sell authentic NY pizza.
The best part is they sell by the slice.

It is at the corner of Florida & Bearss. Stop in, you won't regret it.

Visited July 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
“Closest Thing to "Real" Pizza in Tampa”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I have ordered pizza from everywhere in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. Big corporation places, small mom and pop places, supposed New York and Chicago style places, you name it, we've ordered and eaten pizza from them (pizza is my husband's favorite food). NONE of them came close to my girlhood memories of a hot and steaming slice of plain ol' cheese pizza from the to go window on Jerome Avenue in The Bronx. Alfonso's is the closest thing I have found to real New York pizza since I left there 36 years ago. They deliver and accept credit/debit cards now, which is what kept us from eating there more regularly before. WHEREVER YOU LIVE, GO TO ALFONSO'S FOR PIZZA THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE MADE!!!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank LaurieD840
Tampa, FL
“Very good pizza in a shopping center”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This place has very good pizza. Most places in Tampa do not live up to my expatriate NJ standards. people have said it is the water and made all sorts of excuses, but the truth is there are only a few places in Tampa with good pizza and this is one of them. There is no ambience, but it is clean and you will enjoy your pizza. Just recently with the downturn in the economy they have started delivering.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank KarenFL
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Been ordering Alfonso's for over 20 years”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The absolute best pizza in Tampa. No gimmicks, just taste. So many new pizza places are popping up and some are good, but none are Alfonso's. I am 29 years old now and I have been eating Alfonso's for as long as i can remember. They have a small dining area that I have eaten in a few times, but usually we just do take out. Great Greek salads and calzones too. I hope Alfonso's is there forever because it's a treat from my childhood that I will enjoy every time I am back in Tampa.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank BenH45

Been to Alfonso's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!