“Amazing location & food”

Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Asian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin/Channelside
Description: Established 1997 Thank you for making Jackson's your preferred place to dine. Whether you have been here before or are joining us for the first time, we appreciate the opportunity to enhance your dining experience with our exemplary service and excellent food. Jackson's location on Harbour Island offers our guests unparalleled, sweeping views of the city's sparkling waterfront and dynamic skyline. From sunrise to sunset until late night, our vantage point overlooking the Tampa Riverwalk, Bayshore Boulevard and beyond is ideal for enjoying the special events, recreational activities and native wildlife that make this waterfront an integral part of the city's pulse. For your dining and drinking pleasure, we offer an award-winning selection of fine wines from around the world that you can enjoy sampling by the glass or savor by the bottle. We invite you to indulge in creative pairings, new-to-you wines or reunite with a hard-to-find wines featured on our extensive list of wines by the glass. We also offer handcrafted cocktails that can both complement and complete your brunch, lunch, dinner or favorites from our popular sushi bar. Jackson's central location within the heart of Tampa places you within close proximity to the Tampa Convention Center, Amalie Arena, leading hotels and celebrated cultural venues. Whether dining before a concert, taking a break from a trade show, entertaining business clients or gathering with friends and families, Jackson's allows you to enjoy the moment while also enjoying a memorable meal. It is our pleasure to serve you. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Was here for a two day training seminar and we had our food from this restaurant, all I have to say is deeeeelicious! Great food, and great staff. Not to mention the view is phenomenal.

There are newer reviews for Jackson's Bistro Bar & Sushi

999 - 1,003 of 1,297 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were there for a conference with 10,000 people. This restaurant was in our hotel so we opted to eat there for lunch. We sat on the patio because inside was already reserved. There were 8 of us but there were many groups of this size inside and out.

It took almost the entire 2.5 hours to get our food. Not a single one of use was given our salads or soup. My sushi was delivered about a half an hour before others received their entrees so my rice was starting to harden. We had a hard time getting water refills and watched lots of other tables arrive after us and get served.

It may have been an inexperienced server or maybe just a really busy day, either way it was not a pleasant experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Reasonably priced. Great location if you're staying in downtown. It's right on the water allowing you to look across to the convention center. Lovely patio. Good sushi. On weekend nights, their bar area turns into a club which was hoppin'! Service on busy Sat night was a little lacking, but I really think the staff was just overwhelmed by so many large groups.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Right on the riverfront walkway, nice setting, great for large groups, reasonably priced, and friendly service. Sushi was good (not the greatest) but I also didn't order any of their specialty rolls so that could make a difference.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I visited Jackson's twice while in Tampa for work because it was extremely close to the place I was staying. The dining room is nice enough, but I felt like the menu wasn't really that broad and didn't include much variation on seafood unless you consider the sushi. I had a mushroom flatbread and it was okay. Nothing spectacular.

The following day my co-workers and I sat at the outside bar. One of my co-workers had the Balsamic/Rosemary/Feta potato chips and they were FANTASTIC. Really yummy. I ordered a Margherita pizza and it was decent. They had a fun selection of beers, a fantastic bartender from Vermont and an awesome water view.

I probably wouldn't return for dinner in the dining room, but I would most definitely go back for snack and beers at the outside bar.