“foood and drinks are great”

The View at CK's Revolving Rooftop Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Our revolving rooftop restaurant near Tampa Airport, The View at CK’s serves fresh seafood, steaks and sushi and is closed on Sunday and Monday nights.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

They serve it as it's ready. I got my meal and the other people got there's about 8 minutes later. Food and drinks are awesome. The bartenders make perfect drinks and are great and knowledgeable at their craft...!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've eaten here a couple of times through the years, and agree with most of the other reviews - in other words, both service and food have been spotty at best. Well, that unevenness must have caught up with them, as the restaurant and bar up there have now closed. When I asked about it, the front desk clerk confirmed it's closed, and only opens for special events, like weddings.

I've heard that most of the other hotels (Marriott or not) have closed their revolving restaurants, or turned them off. My guess is that it's incredibly expensive to maintain the mechanisms and they could never charge enough to cover the cost of keeping them up or replacing/fixing them.

1  Thank M K
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What an absolutely a horrible dining experience. The restaurant was practically empty yet we had to wait over 45 minutes for our meal to arrive at the table. Once the meal arrived, the steaks were totally overdone (should have been medium rare) and the vegetables were cold. The restaurant manager promised to re-cook the steaks and stated they would be out in about 8 minutes, yeah right!, try about another 40 minutes and when the food was brought back the steak was raw and the vegetables were cold again. The waitress was so inattentive. She came back to our table once during our dinner and would not even look at our table when she would walk by. We couldn’t even get a simple refill of water or coke from her and had to track down someone else to fill our glasses. We also ordered a glass of wine which was never brought to our table but was definitely added to our bill. It took her two tries and a rather odd explanation to get the wine removed from our bill. This is just a brief version of the issues we had while dining at CK’s and rest assured we will NEVER, EVER return to this restaurant.

2  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would have liked to eat there, but could not get past the smell. When the elevator door opened, the smell hit me like a ton of bricks. It smelled like I had stepped into an enormous fry daddy. It turned me off so bad I went to the lounge downstairs for dinner.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a novel place. Not too many restaurants circle around giving diners a 360° view of town. It's definitely interesting to see so much of the airport... All of the staff were very nice. Our first server was horrible as a server though. We moved tables to get away from a loud table. Or second server was exceptional in comparison. The calamari was the greasiest I've ever had. I had the ginger salad (good) and Hong Kong snapper. The fish was cooked well, but the dish was salty overall. My husband had the chicken which he rates as good. I don't recommend getting wine here. They don't turn it over fast enough. We finished with the carrot cake bread pudding. This was actually really tasty. Overall, I'm glad I tried it but I don't need to repeat it.

1  Thank sportyangel215