“Very nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bernini Restaurant

Bernini Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 2,367 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Saint Petersburg
“Very nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Was given a gift card last year from my employer which is a restaurant tour herself, Been there before for cocktails, Never had dinner, Well I was very happy....I had a close friend of mine in town from Orlando. Both of us was very please, our server could of been a little more friendly and more hospice towards us and she could of suggested items from bar or chef(for someone that claims to have been there for three years is hard to believe?)...We had two specials and One dessert TWO THUMPS UP, which were great... Will be back, Thank you

• Visited December 2012

Buford, Georgia
“An excellent dining and "drinking" experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had arrived in Tampa, FL, (Ybor City actually), prior to taking a cruise and were staying at a nearby Hampton Inn. En route to the Hampton Inn, I noticed Bernini's outdoor cafe setting and was drawn to it for drinks and a possible early dinner.

Upon arriving we were taken a bit aback by the cigar smoking, for which Ybor City is famous. This area is the site of many cigar makers several decades ago in the Tampa area. It is a beautiful historic area. We decided to go ahead and settle in at an end table being upwind from two cigar smokers at the adjacent table. Jennifer was our waitress and very efficient at that; making sure our drinks and needs were served appropriately.

The cool thing was these same people informed us about their $2 martinis from 4 - 7 each night along with 1/2 price entrees during this same time. Since my wife drinks martinis, she jumped on this. Unfortunately for us beer drinkers, they have no beer on tap, so I had to drink Guinness from a bottle; but I survived with three of these.

After a relaxing martini, she ordered the Grouper and I had to try the Pork Osso Buco. During our wait, we went ahead and had our second round, enjoying the late afternoon sun and warm temperatures while watching people stroll by. When our dinners arrived they looked delicious!! My Pork Osso Buco was in fact delicious and I'm embarrassed to say that I ate EVERY bite! My wife's grouper on the other hand was very fishy and was not appealing to her at all. Still, for 1/2 price entrees and $2 martinis, this couldn't be beat!

After dinner we had one more drink as the sun went down and folks began arriving for dinner inside the restaurant. By the way, the decor inside the restaurant is nothing short of fantastic and ornate. I believe we would have enjoyed that dining experience as well! I know that when we are back in Tampa, we'll be enjoying Bernini's once again!

• Visited November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch December 1. I had crispy duck with mashed potatoes and broccoli rabe in a delicious berry sauce- awesome! My mom had veal lasagne which also was delicious. Service was very attentive.

Lithia, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much more than a $2 Martini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

!/2 price entrees until 7pm six days a week, and let me tell you this is great Italian food. Pork Osso Bucco for $14 in a portion size which is more than most can eat. Good atmosphere;louder bar scene on the first floor and quiet and intimate on floors 2-3. Can't beat it!

• Visited November 2012
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Great Food, Service and Prices in a Noisy Locale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ate here with friends on Oct 24, 2012. Walked in without a reservation at 6 PM and we were lucky to get a table as the place was jumpin'! Here's why: All entrees are half price between 5 and 7 PM. In addition they have very good drink specials. While we were there, Finlandia cocktails were priced at $2.

Restaurant has an old time Italian eatery feel. Loud, chattering, happy crowd. Waiters scurrying all over the place. Wood fired pizza oven and a long, polished bar full of martini swilling, local employees just off of work. 4 tables outside for those interested. The food is very good. We ordered Calamari and lamb chop appetizers. The calamari was crisp and not greasy. The chops were succulent and rode to the table on a bed of Hummus. For entrees we had the Crispy Duck (carmelized to perfection), Veal Chop (a weighty piece of tender veal served with rice), Pork Belly Risotto and a Caesar Pizza (thin crusted beauty). Portions are very large so you may decide to split orders. If you do the restaurant charges $2.50 per split. Pizzas not included. We ended up toting doggy bags home. The food was very hot when it hit the table.

Our waiter was named Patrick. Very attentive guy who made sure that all of us were happy all of the time. The service couldn't have been better. The drinkers at the table were quite happy with their specials and made sure to order another before the bewitching hour of 7 PM. Our total bill for 4 people before tip came to $95. Now that is an amazing deal. By the time we left at 8 PM the crowd had dwindled to the point where you could walk in and get a table without any problem except that you'd be paying full price on the food.

Will definitely come back again. Parking garage one block away with a $1 parking special price. Make reservations for Bernini's. We were lucky. You may not be.

• Visited October 2012