“Amazingly delicious”
Review of Pane Rustica

Pane Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 2,418 Restaurants in Tampa
Cross street: South of MacDill and Bay to Bay
Tampa, FL
“Amazingly delicious”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is somewhat far for me but we were int he neighborhood so stopped in for luck take out. Although we called the order in and it was promised in 20 min. I still waited for 15 more in the restaurant. It was really busy on a Sunday! We got the roast beef sandwich on rosemary foccacia and the caprese sandwich with prosciutto on a sourdough baguette. SOOO good. The kids split the kids turkey sandwich was really large.

Visited January 2014

“Best Lunch in Tampa”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant may be the most consistent lunch spot in Tampa! My wife and I love the pizza. A slice to share is a perfect way to start off. House wine is $5, and it's always a quality vino. You can't go wrong with any of the menu choices, however the burger is my favorite. It's a huge reason why I love this restaurant.

“Shut Up & Eat”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Been here for lunch & dinner. The food is phenomenal for both, so best to pay a third less to come for lunch. The "Shut Up & Eat" will not fail you, and it adds a little mystery to your experience. It's usually something I would not have otherwise ordered or made at home, which is the point of eating out if you ask me.

• Visited November 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Date night dinner with wife, lured here by great reviews. Great service but food was disappointing. The menu has a lot of complicated dishes -- dishes with a lot of ingredients to come across as being fusion, modern, and original -- but the flavors either cancel themselves out to result in a civil war in your mouth, or are inappropriately balanced so that one flavor completely dominates. The bacon-potato-corn soup was watery and flavorless, so NOT a chowder, I sent it back....to the restaurant's credit they didn't charge us for it. The pumpkin pappardelle had very tend beef check, but the flavor was taken over by this apple coulis. The best part of the meal was the cheese platter appetizer -- someone put a lot of thought into the pairings -- but at $18 we expected a lot more cheese than we received.

Perhaps I would enjoyed this more if I lowered my expectations, but when a restaurant ranks this high, and charges this much, you expect excellence across the board. If there is a next time, we will stick to simpler dishes -- their baked goods, flatbreads, etc.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Smooth_Sluggo
Tampa, Florida
“Please Change the music.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

love the food, can't stand the music. go here frequently when in South Tampa, but the music is so annoying it makes me want to bolt out the door as soon as I arrive. There are so many musical choices, but it seems I only hear pounding bass. Want so much to come for date night, but always choose another spot due to the odd musical selections being played.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Pane Rustica? Share your experiences!