“Wow!”
Review of Pane Rustica

Pane Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South of MacDill and Bay to Bay
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Amazing fresh food! The best burger ever! Love this place! Went there for lunch! Place was very busy and now I can understand why it's take the "3rd" place on a trip advisor. Amazing food!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

A great find in a strip mall, this place does not disappoint. We had the asparagus in cream sauce for appetizers and the mushroom pizza. Both were fantastic and the right portion size. The warm and crusty bread first course was good too. The only complaint was that it was loud.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pros:
- delicious sandwiches!!!
- huge selection of freshly made bread
- you can call in your order

Cons:
- Always busy..meaning you'll have to wait a while
- everytime I call in an order, it's usually done wrong. When I'm paying as much as I am there ($15 salad, $9 sandwich) I expect it to be correct.
- tiny sides
- a bit on the pricey side
- can sometimes be difficult to find parking

That being said, I keep going back. I call my order in, then go prepared to wait in line for it. Then I open the bag up, even though the server gets pissed off, and make sure they get my order right. It is delicious, and usually a pretty large sandwich.

Strongly recommended, you have to go at least once!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

TA did not lead us astray on this one. I would guess this is a locals place just because it is located away from the touristy parts of town. But if you don't mind using your GPS, definately stop here. We came for lunch & were not disappointed. The bread selection is outstanding as is the array of flatbread pizzas & baked goods. We opted for the salmon sandwich on onion focaccia & the mozzarella & prosciutto sandwich on rosemary foccacia. Wow, huge sandwiches with fresh ingredients. Very tasty. Wander to the adjoining room where the bar is. We sat at the bar after eating our sandwiches. They serve an amazing Moscow Mule in a cool copper mug. Or try something from the interesting wine & beer list. We wanted to come back for dinner but it was Sunday. They close at 3pm then are closed on Mondays. Boo, we had to fly back Tues but we had wanted to come back & try more fresh goodies. I wish this place was in my town.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went for lunch my first time and it was a little complicated understanding the process to get food. Non the less the employees did a good job on direction. Service was fast and food was great. It was extremely full but that shows is a good place to go.

Been to Pane Rustica? Share your experiences!