“Best. Sandwich. Evahhhhhhhh!”
Review of Pane Rustica

Pane Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South of MacDill and Bay to Bay
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I could write a long paragraph, or you can just go already. Try the roast beef, any bread. Get some dessert, you deserve it, and try the water, with the infusion of fresh fruit.

1  Thank Mike A

Reviewed March 29, 2013

As long as we have lived in the Tampa area we did not know about this restaurant until a friend recommend we have dinner at the restaurant. We made reservations and went on a Friday night. We were seated in the front of the dining room across from the bar area. The food and service was excellent. There were four of us and each had a different entrée and all give nice reviews on the food. Our waitress was very attentive and was able to answer any questions we had about the entrees. The only issue we experienced was the noise level in the bar that made conversation between the four of us very difficult. I would recommend, if noise is an issue for you to get a table in the back of the restaurant. Putting the noise issue aside we enjoyed our dining experience and will return in the near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I live in Tampa, but only recently had friends recommend Pane Rustica which is in the South Tampa area popular with locals and tourists. The restaurant is in a strip malls just south of the corner of MacDill Ave & Bay to Bay Blvd. Parking i excellent, which isn't true for many other restaurants in the area. The atmosphere is very causal with a separate bar section and a bakery counter in the main dining room. My only criticism is that we went in the early evening (still light outside) the rear dining area seemed overly dark. I guess they're going for a romantic ambiance but the restaurant seems to causal for that. But the main attraction, the food is great. For dinner, they had a page of specials for the day and a page of regular house dishes. I'd call the cuisine eclectic European, with a little middle East/Caribbean mixed in. Of the regular menu I got the pork porterhouse over risotto and my wife got the seafood linguine. Both were perfectly cooked and had great flavors. The restaurant also has an extensive wine and beer list. We had the local Jai Lai IPA, which was great.

3  Thank MikeFromTampa
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've eaten here several times and really can't rave about anything I've had. Parking is a nightmare around lunchtime. It is in a strip mall and it is very crowded at lunch. 2 in our party ordered one of their hamburgers and both were undercooked (ordered medium). They refunded my friends meal as she did not want it recooked and felt nauseated after biting into a raw(ish) burger. The other 4 in our party seemed to enjoy their meals. Personally, I think it is overpriced. On the positive side, the service is very good.

1  Thank KraZe47
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great daily specials, particularly for lunch, posted daily on Facebook. Dinner is very good, but overpriced frankly. Nice atmosphere with attentive and friendly staff.