“Good View - Average Food”
Review of The Colonnade - CLOSED

The Colonnade
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Tampa, Florida
“Good View - Average Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Me and my extended family (6 total) went here after a day of boating. It was around 5, a little early for dinner and got seated right away.

The waiter was absent minded, forgot requests, and took our orders in pairs which caused our food to come out separately. Anytime I have to flag the waiter down is a bad thing and I needed to twice.

The food is mostly fried, which I dislike so I got the Salmon salad which was average. The grouper cheeks were average. Their seafood pasta was lacking flavor although it could have feed the entire group. Their conch soup was average. The one item that stood out was their Cesar salad.

This would be a good place to go to have a nice view and select from a wide variety of average food.

Lithia, Florida
“Appetizer”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We dined at Colonnade and stopped after the appetizer. 3 BIG flies and a bad appetizer. We killed 2 flies and when the 3rd came, we left. Oyster Rockefeller (burnt spinach and couldn't find the oyster). Glad we stopped at the appetizer.

Monterey, California
“Great resturant with amazing views”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have dined at the Colonnade many times in my life. This was a family stop when I was a child, every year for my Grandmother's birthday we all ate here. We just celebrated my Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary there & everything was just as great as always. Our server Anthony was AMAZING!! While decorating the table he greeted me & introduced himself, I was able to order champagne & coordinate with him who was paying for what. The entire meal was great & even with a few slip ups from the kitchen Anthony was always present & running around for our every request. The food was great, the view unbeatable, service was outstanding!

• Visited June 2014
Macon, Ga
“So good we ate here twice”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Of all the restaurants I researched on trip advisor... this one held my highest expectation. My wife shared in my enthusiasm since I had went to the trouble to read their menu online again before leaving the hotel. We started with some gator tail. A few weeks ago she had a bad experience with gator bites in Siesta Key at Walts (chewy and greasy). After our prayer I watched her eat two of these lightly breaded, fluffy treats. then start a 3rd before asking me if I thought they were good. They were delicious with and without the dip Bob our waiter provided.
For an entre she had a grilled chicken salad platter - this thing was huge. It consisted of fresh veggies, egg, bacon,avacado, cheese, something else and something else. I had their smack daddy fried plater with 4 oz of grouper, the best clam strips I have ever ate, oysters,more bay scallops than I expected, jumbo shrimp that took me 3 bites to eat one and a crab cake that I thought to be over cooked, but was quite tasty (a real seafood platter-loaded with seafood not fries). This came after gator tail and a very good house salad. Needless to say my goal at that point was to eat enough so we would not have to leave with 3 carry out containers, because their muffins were to die for, esp the blueberry. Long story short, complements were sent to the chief, Bob got a big tip and I had 3 plus a small carry container of butter, tartar sauce and cocktail sauce to take. We had enough food for a midnight snack and a bountiful lunch during my conference break.
We went back a couple days later. Gator, small salad and something different.My wife wanted a steak (20 yrs and I had never none her to order a steak), I ordered the grilled snapper with crab meat stuffing. The views from our window booth were great and the food was better. Whether it is just you and that special someone, or an evening out with the family The Colonnade is a must if you care to have your taste buds truly tickled for a fair and resonable price.
We were here for a late lunch 2;30 and early dinner 6 pm, plenty of parking and a booth seat with bay view. Well worth a try, enjoy.

Tampa, Florida
“Good food and great view”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have been here many times. Always good food and the great bay view at a reasonable price. My favorites are the fried oysters and the grouper cheeks. The grouper cheeks are not on the menu so you have to ask for them. This restaurant has been here on the bay since 1935.

• Visited May 2014