“Very nice restaurant along the water”
Review of The Colonnade - CLOSED

The Colonnade
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ruskin, Florida
“Very nice restaurant along the water”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We don't often go out, but when we have company into town, we often head to The Colonnade, usually for a meal of fish or seafood. Moderately priced, and something for most people. Good food providing a pleasant dining experience.

1 Thank J K

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent View”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of those places that it's worth the wait to sit by a window overlooking Tampa Bay. Go in the early evening and enjoy the sunset.

I ordered the whole yellowfin snapper special and it was excellent. Food quality is amazing, however, the presentation is not top notch.

2 Thank CaliPel
Sedona, Arizona
“Grouper Maybe, Shrimp No, Prices High!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great ambiance, lovely view, decent service. But the shrimp were overdone in the two shrimp meals we ordered and the server said, "Yes, sometimes that happens" without offering to replace it. And the grilled grouper was half raw so we had to wait 15 minutes for a new piece. The new piece was OK. But I felt we should have been offered free dessert or something for our poor experience. When I summarized for the server that we'd have two overdone and one underdone meal. she nodded sympathetically and said, "Yeah, I know, I don't know why the kitchen's having such problems today." Thanks for your concern!

2 Thank Podie
Boston, Massachusetts
“Try somewhere else”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The view is great, but everything else about this restaurant is average at best. I called ahead for a reservation, was told they do not take reservations, but that on Sunday night at 7:30 there would be no wait. When we, a part of 6, arrived we were told there was a 20 minute wait and that we could wait in the bar. When I pressed the hostess about my prior phone call and being told there would not be a wait she said she would take a second look. Lo and behold there was a table available, in fact there were several as the restaurant was not crowded at all. Clearly an attempt to have us spend time in the bar. The food was ok. Nothing special. I had a combo meal, stuffed shrimp and grilled shrimp. The grilled shrimp were so overdone that I had a hard time removing them from the skewer. The stiffed shrimp were quite small and very salty. Dessert was uninspiring. Overall, I would say choose a different place!

Clermont, Florida
“Great view of Tampa Bay, average food....”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The Colonnade has been a South Tampa staple for years and the interior shows that as it doesn't look like it's been touched in quote sometime.... That being said, the view is the best you'll find on Bayshore Boulevard in Tampa and if you get a window seat it can be relaxing. Typically, a 55 + crowd is what you will find here but it is a decent spot for lunch.. Service is consistent, food average but worth a trip.....

1 Thank spbuck