“Best Cuban food I have had”

Capdevila At La Teresita
Ranked #290 of 2,398 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Best Casual Dining in the Tampa Bay Area, near Raymond James & Tampa International Airport. Cuban Cuisine - Cafe open till midnight, 24hrs. Thurs- Sat. Restaurant Live Music Nightly !!! Most Meals under $9, Great Daily Specials Banquet & Catering for any event 813-447-5807 Meeting rooms available for any occasion. Thousands served every week !!! Carryout 813-879-4909 Bulk meals & delivery 813-879-9704
Houston, Texas
“Best Cuban food I have had”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The first impression you get when you enter this place is- WOW, it's crowded. And with good reason. The food is cheap, the portions are large, and it is objectively the best Cuban restaurant in Tampa. Our party of four ate heartily, each got cafe con leche and dessert, and paid less than $40 total. If that's not a good reason to eat here, I don't know what is.

• Visited May 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Best Cuban food in town! I've been coming for over 40 years ... if”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been coming for over 40 years ... I can remember sitting in a high chair next to the counter before they moved to the bigger building. Love their palomilla and moro...

Prospect, KY
“large portions, fast service, low prices”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Is there really more to say? Oh, ok, well the food is pretty good too! The Cubano sandwich is huge and true to it's tradition. Caldo gallego soup is always flavorful and chock full of ingredients. The espresso is wonderful (and did I mention.. cheap?? A triple was $1.86 last night!). My friend had the ropa vieja and swore by it. I will return, for sure!

• Visited November 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hard to imagine going anywhere else for Cuban food in Tampa”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was actually my second visit to La Teresita. My first visit was for a dinner while visiting Tampa on a business trip a little over a year ago. This one was for lunch on a short layover in Tampa.

Obviously, the first visit made such an impression on me that I couldn't wait to return.

The restaurant is conveniently located to both the Tampa Bucs stadium and is less than 10 miles from the Tampa airport.

I'd say I'm more of a "fancier" of cuban/latin food than an "afficianado", so it is with this caviat that I say this is the real deal.

I ordered the Cuban Sandwich because, given the oppportunity to do so - that's what I will order, and it's one of the best I've ever had.

While very kid friendly, there is no deviating from the kids menu. That was a little dissapointing when your kid just wants something and they can't accomodate, however, we all know how small children can be finicky eaters.

Otherwise the service is good and fast!

I have been to other cuban restaurants around Tampa and Florida and this one is by far my favorite.

Do yourself a favor if you have some time in between flights in Tampa - take the cab ride. It's not far from Ybor City so if you're visiting I completely recommend and can't wait for my next visit.

• Visited October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hard to imagine going anywhere else for Cuban in Tampa”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Otherwise the service is good and fast!

• Visited October 2012