“Great atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The grouper sandwich is fantastic, great atmosphere, nice outdoor seating to watch the river, wildlife and boats.

Visited February 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great spot to drink or eat on the Hillsborough River”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Myself and a group of 10 friends went here on a Saturday evening for a few drinks and food. I had never been but was happy to find a nice "neighborhood" marina and bar with a pretty big menu and drink list. Ricks has a great deal of outside seating, boat ramps and plenty of room inside with a bunch of biog screen televisions. Basic seafood/pub menu with plenty of fried and other seafood including clams and oysters. Worth a visit to hang out for a few cold ones.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, FL
“Good for Beverages and Atmosphere Only”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Ricks is a fun place to go hang out with friends and partake in some beverages, but I'd definitely suggest going somewhere else to eat. The food is pretty bad. We had chicken wings that were over cooked and very dry. (I think it's pretty hard to screw up wings, but they did.). All of the condiments for our combo basket were served in pre-packaged, single use containers - blue cheese, marinara sauce, ranch dressing and sour cream. I tried their Caribbean salad with chicken and it was awful. The fruit was straight out of a can, with the occasional slice of strawberry. My husband had a BLT, which had very dry, crumbly bacon and stale bread. (Again, I think it's pretty hard to screw up a BLT.) I wish I could say this was the exception and not the rule,but we've been there often for social events and the food has been lousy every time.

1 Thank Christine P
Tampa, Florida
“Nice view of downtown Tampa”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great atmosphere, good food, great bar and drinks. The view of the river and skyline is very nice. Locals like Ricks a lot. We went there with two neighbor couples and had a nice time. It's a good place to hang out.

• Visited February 2013
“Food made me sick”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Gross food service not personal boring atmosphere nuttin for kids during day games and such food to nasty kids and I had stomach ache after orders were wrong spilled drinks no manager help

10 Thank Onlyspoon458

Been to Ricks on the River? Share your experiences!