“Great spot to drink or eat on the Hillsborough River”
Review of Ricks on the River

Ricks on the River
Ranked #251 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Myself and a group of 10 friends went here on a Saturday evening for a few drinks and food. I had never been but was happy to find a nice "neighborhood" marina and bar with a pretty big menu and drink list. Ricks has a great deal of outside seating, boat ramps and plenty of room inside with a bunch of biog screen televisions. Basic seafood/pub menu with plenty of fried and other seafood including clams and oysters. Worth a visit to hang out for a few cold ones.

There are newer reviews for Ricks on the River

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Ricks is a fun place to go hang out with friends and partake in some beverages, but I'd definitely suggest going somewhere else to eat. The food is pretty bad. We had chicken wings that were over cooked and very dry. (I think it's pretty hard to screw up wings, but they did.). All of the condiments for our combo basket were served in pre-packaged, single use containers - blue cheese, marinara sauce, ranch dressing and sour cream. I tried their Caribbean salad with chicken and it was awful. The fruit was straight out of a can, with the occasional slice of strawberry. My husband had a BLT, which had very dry, crumbly bacon and stale bread. (Again, I think it's pretty hard to screw up a BLT.) I wish I could say this was the exception and not the rule,but we've been there often for social events and the food has been lousy every time.

1  Thank Christine P
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great atmosphere, good food, great bar and drinks. The view of the river and skyline is very nice. Locals like Ricks a lot. We went there with two neighbor couples and had a nice time. It's a good place to hang out.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Gross food service not personal boring atmosphere nuttin for kids during day games and such food to nasty kids and I had stomach ache after orders were wrong spilled drinks no manager help

10  Thank Onlyspoon458
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well, let me start with the impersonal review. Food is OK for fried items and the burgers are OK as well. Haven't tried the high ticket food but I have heard it is OK to average. Some drink specials and in general a relatively inexpensive place. Now for the personal stuff. I am in a duo and we played there for quite a long time. Suddenly I would get harassed by certain staff and customers with very rude comments and threats of violence. I did nothing to warrant this. Of course I have not and will not go back again. We still play all over Hillsborough County and have many clubs that think we are very good and schedule repeat dates. So I suggest this is personal and those people should get their heads out of their backsides!

9  Thank freddombski

Been to Ricks on the River? Share your experiences!