“My go to restaurant when in Tampa”
Review of SideBern's - CLOSED

SideBern's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: S. Howard Ave.
Description: SideBern's is Bern's Family of Legends' hip, progressive restaurant. Its menu features Executive Chef Chad Johnson's modern cuisine served in a stylish, relaxed fine dining atmosphere. SideBern's offers its guests the ability to taste different flavors and textures created with innovative culinary techniques.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Sideberns remains my favorite restaurant in Tampa. The food is always interesting and tastes amazing. The wine selection is exceptional with many wines by the glass. This time I took some young folks (20 something) to broaden their food interests and they came away impressed. This time we had a lamb tartare, wow! and a rabbit ravioli (nice) and my entre was a loup (fish) with some fried crab. Excellent. While it is a bit pricey for some, Sideberns is worth every cent you pay for the freshest ingredients, served well in a warm inviting atmosphere in a great part of town. Go here next time you want to impress your friends or enjoy time with that special someone.

Kira J, General Manager at SideBern's, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about SideBern's! We appreciate your love for our creativity.
Warm Regards,
Kira Jefferson

There are newer reviews for SideBern's

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We went to Sidebern's for our Anniversary and I can sum it up with one word - AWESOME! We had a reservation for a table, and planned on having a drink at the bar prior to dining; we never left the bar area. The Bartender was one of the best ever...was attentive - but not too attentive. The food was wonderful - service was paced perfectly...an all around great evening!

(The only negative (and I am not looking for anything negative) - the hostess had NO personality. It would be nice to be greeted with a warm friendly greeting...maybe more training is needed.)

We will definitely be going back to Sidebern's!

You are AWESOME! Thank you for your review. We all especially appreciate the opportunity to work with our hostess to make an experience with us even more special.
Happy Anniversary,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is without a doubt our favorite Tampa dining destination. Arrive at 5 or so and enjoy an amazing happy hour at the bar, featuring $6 small plates, wine selections and craft cocktails. Dinner in this place is special, with low lighting and great service. Diners would appreciate a bit more spacing between tables, but outside of that, you will love this restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback Russ! We are glad you enjoy our Happy Hour. Our Small plates are $8 a piece, but still an amazing deal! I have attached a sample from of our items from last week.

Raw Oysters - apple ginger mignonette
Moules et Frites - beer & rogue creamery blue cheese
Grilled Pork Belly - cured egg, crispy brussels
Chickpea Hummus - roasted garlic, preserved lemon
Crayfish Pasta - tomato, basil, cream sauce
Artisanal Cheese Board - accompaniments, baguette

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Iv'e eaten a here only a couple of times and the food is really good but a bit too foo foo for me. I mainly partake at the bar for adult beverages, The bartenders really know how to make a drink and the head mixologist, Dean, knows what he is doing. Be a bit adventurous and ask them to make you one of their specialty drinks, you will not regret it. The happy hour specials are nice and very reasonably priced. Many times the wines they have for $5.00 a glass are a great bargain.

The place is trendy, upbeat and has a great atmosphere.

Thank you for your review. I will make sure the bartenders and Dean know of your kind sentiments. We look forward to the next time you visit!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Tampa is a town that feeds at trendy restaurants. This year's hotspot will be passe next year. Sidebern's is feeling that pinch a bit. The food is still amazing, but people can pay less and get equally amazing food somewhere trendier.

The seasonal menu means there are new things to try (and new foodie vocabulary) each visit. The list of wines by the glass was good, and our server was well educated about them. We had the horseradish-encrusted scallops appetizer... two large sea scallops with great coating and a delicious sauce. My friend had the filet, which was served with a wonderful poblano mashed potato side. I had the halibut, very tasty, cooked just right, in a sauce with tinges of ginger and some mustard seed. My side was a nice mix of unusual vegetables served over a pureed carrot whip. My friend's peanut butter ice cream was amazing. I tried the Crepe Mille Fuille --
a multi-layered green apple tart,with ginger meringue & pernod ice cream.

Our server was pleasant & knowledgeable, but the other table staff made one BIG error. They brought our dessert, but no silverware. Normally that wouldn't upset me, but when I am spending more than $100 per person, I tend to get a bit fussy about having silverware on time.

We were celebrating a birthday, and they added a candle to my friend's dessert, a nice touch.

Kira J, General Manager at SideBern's, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you for the kind reviews on Trip Advisor and Open Table! With all of the dining options in the Tampa area, it means a lot to our team that you picked SideBern's to celebrate your friend's birthday. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, and clearly must make an adjustment in our mise en place timing. You should never have wanted for silverware while your desserts sat in front of you. Thank you for sharing this important detail.
Sincere Regards,