“What a delight!”
Review of Oystercatchers

Oystercatchers
Reserve with OpenTable
Oystercatchers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,567 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courtney Campbell Cswy / SR 60/Exit Bayport Dr.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I had a great dinner here. The calamari fries and the crab cakes were excellent appetizers. Bob, our server was the perfect host who gave us a great understanding of the menu and the restaurant. For dinner we had the pan seared scallops and a snapper pasta that was unbelievable. The pasta was a penne pasta with shrimp, mussels, clams and artichoke. We watched an awesome sunset and loved every minute of our dining experence.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

No...more like catch of the the year!
If you are looking for a special evening in Tampa Bay and seafood is high on your agenda this is the place to go. Flavorful dishes are the norm here, the servers are excellent and the setting is spectacular.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a great dinner here before the Billy Joel concert. We had a few drinks at the bar and the bartender was very friendly. For dinner we had the grouper and the snapper, both excellent choices! The waiter advised us on our choices and we were very pleased. I had the oysters and my wife had the cheviche apps. Sunset came about halfway through dinner and they opened the shades so everyone could watch the amazing sunset! We highly recommend it for seafood lovers , definitely not like usual hotel restaurants.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We dined with friends. Just as we began to eat our meal a member of the waitstaff walked quickly past our table and managed to spill a considerable amount of ice cold water down the back od my friend. She was soaked pretty well, and jumped in surprise as the cold water went down her back. She was given a weak apology, extra napkins, and offered a beach towel to sit on! But at no point was she told her meal would be comped or offered even a dessert on the house. I know that most reputable restaurants would have comped the meal after that, if not at least offered a free drink or dessert. To make it worse, one member of the staff said, "it could have been a sticky drink, it's just water!" She wasn't just splashed a little, she was soaked! The meal was good, but the experience was not.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Or if you are stuck in the grand Hyatt without a car. Or if you really have lots of money and you want to part with some of it. To be sure, the food, ambiance and view are all very good. But the price vs. portion size is extremely poor. We spent over $150 for 2 adult entrees, 2 salads, 1 appetizer and 1 child menu entree. We had no dessert and 2 glasses of wine (one apiece). The bread/butter with smoked salt was a nice touch. I had the scallops which were great but 3 scallops for $35 doesn't sit well with me. The only way I would ever consider eating here again would be if I happened to stay at the property. If you ever come to Tampa it certainly isn't worth driving more than 10 minutes to get here. Frankly I can't believe this restaurant is rated one of the top restaurants in Tampa. OK it's better than lame chains like the Chart House but that's about all you can say.

1  Thank Larry W

Been to Oystercatchers? Share your experiences!