“perennial favourite”
Review of Oystercatchers

Oystercatchers
Reserve with OpenTable
Oystercatchers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,398 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courtney Campbell Cswy / SR 60/Exit Bayport Dr.
Toronto, Canada
“perennial favourite”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Although we live in Toronto, Canada, we visit south Florida at least once a year. No matter what our vacation destination, we make a point of detouring to Tampa Bay to stay at the Grand Hyatt and enjoy a couple of meals at Oystercatchers. The property is spectacular and the restaurant is one of the best we've ever eaten at, anywhere. The food is skillfully and artistically prepared and the service is among the most professional and congenial that we have encountered at any fine dining establishment. The Sunday Brunch, on the patio overlooking Tampa Bay, is incomparable, notwithstanding the exceptional selection of entrees and appetizers. Similarly, dinner at a window table, as the sun sets over the bay, must be experienced to be believed. The food, the ambiance and the service combine to make a memorable evening, no matter how many times you've been there before.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Roger H

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“great seafood meal”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The seafood was so fresh and delicious. We had whole stuffed snapper and the seafood mix and both entrees were excellent. As an appetizer we had crab cakes which were very good also. Our waiter Donald and his assistant were very friendly and went out of their way to make our meal perfect. We ended our Florida vacation watching a beautiful sunset and having a great seafood meal.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Linda S
Tampa, Florida
“The Best Sunday Brunch in Tampa Bay. Service Was Excellent, Too.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I had Sunday brunch here a day after our 21st wedding anniversary. It was a last-minute decison as he was in a meeting and I was not sure if he would make it back to Tampa before the last seating at 1:45 PM. We had reservations for 1:30 P.M. We were lucky to get a table with the view of the bay. Our waiter, Donald Harvery, was friendly, very efficient and knowledgeable. He and my husband attended the same university : Florida State University. There was a big variety of food: fresh seafood, pasta, sushi, different salads (seafood, fruit, vegetable), cheeses, all kinds of meat, smoked salmon,etc. I did not even stop at the pasta station. I started with fresh boiled jumbo shrimp and mussels then went to the cheese station and got a variety of hard cheeses and 3 types of blue cheeses to try. They, also, had 3 types of caviar. Drinks such as mimosas, orange juice, coffee and tea were included in the buffet. The food was fresh and presented in attractive ways. The dessert room was separate from the dining room. Leave enough room for dessert or better yet, start with dessert! They had dessert to die for: creme brulee, flan, different types of pies and cakes, cheese cake, taffy, bananas foster and a lot more. I used to come here regularly and my favorite dessert then was cherries jubilee! My husband and I agreed that the food was even better after this recent renovation.
Reservations are a must. We parked our car ourselves so we could walk and admire the flowers and plants. There was valet parking. The landscape was beautiful. After eating, we walked through the pool, small beach and the dock. The view was fantastic. We saw lots of birds and fish.
The restaurant was surrounded with chalets called "casitas" (Spanish word for "small houses"). Someday, I would like to spend the weekend in one of the "casitas" and have Sunday brunch at the Oystercatchers. The Oystercatchers will not disappoint you. It is a part of the Hyatt Hotel on the causeway near the Tampa International Airport.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TRAVELdglobenow
Tampa, Florida
“Great Food and Views”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It has been a while since my wife and I have been there, but the handful of times that we have gone, the seafood was very good and the view of the Bay from the top floor of the Hyatt (Route 60) was awesome. Especially at sunset with a good window seat.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank photofisher
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Dinner with a view...”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Arrived a bit early at 5:15p to beat the rush. Boy, did we...they didn't serve dinner until 6pm. So, settled for cocktails and an appetizer - calamari fries (very good)... 6pm came quickly, and we placed our entree order...entrees came out quickly and garnished very nicely. My Seafood Mix was excellent! All seafood was fresh and tasty...my wife, a landlubber, enjoyed the chicken bosque and loved it. Ashley our server, was very attentive and pleasant the whole time. The view of upper Tampa Bay, was a nice plus....especially the sunset. A very nice restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my wife.

1 Thank Bryan P