“The Best Sunday Brunch in Tampa Bay. Service Was Excellent, Too.”
Review of Oystercatchers

Oystercatchers
Reserve with OpenTable
Oystercatchers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courtney Campbell Cswy / SR 60/Exit Bayport Dr.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I had Sunday brunch here a day after our 21st wedding anniversary. It was a last-minute decison as he was in a meeting and I was not sure if he would make it back to Tampa before the last seating at 1:45 PM. We had reservations for 1:30 P.M. We were lucky to get a table with the view of the bay. Our waiter, Donald Harvery, was friendly, very efficient and knowledgeable. He and my husband attended the same university : Florida State University. There was a big variety of food: fresh seafood, pasta, sushi, different salads (seafood, fruit, vegetable), cheeses, all kinds of meat, smoked salmon,etc. I did not even stop at the pasta station. I started with fresh boiled jumbo shrimp and mussels then went to the cheese station and got a variety of hard cheeses and 3 types of blue cheeses to try. They, also, had 3 types of caviar. Drinks such as mimosas, orange juice, coffee and tea were included in the buffet. The food was fresh and presented in attractive ways. The dessert room was separate from the dining room. Leave enough room for dessert or better yet, start with dessert! They had dessert to die for: creme brulee, flan, different types of pies and cakes, cheese cake, taffy, bananas foster and a lot more. I used to come here regularly and my favorite dessert then was cherries jubilee! My husband and I agreed that the food was even better after this recent renovation.
Reservations are a must. We parked our car ourselves so we could walk and admire the flowers and plants. There was valet parking. The landscape was beautiful. After eating, we walked through the pool, small beach and the dock. The view was fantastic. We saw lots of birds and fish.
The restaurant was surrounded with chalets called "casitas" (Spanish word for "small houses"). Someday, I would like to spend the weekend in one of the "casitas" and have Sunday brunch at the Oystercatchers. The Oystercatchers will not disappoint you. It is a part of the Hyatt Hotel on the causeway near the Tampa International Airport.

1  Thank TRAVELdglobenow
There are newer reviews for Oystercatchers

Reviewed October 23, 2012

It has been a while since my wife and I have been there, but the handful of times that we have gone, the seafood was very good and the view of the Bay from the top floor of the Hyatt (Route 60) was awesome. Especially at sunset with a good window seat.

1  Thank photofisher
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Arrived a bit early at 5:15p to beat the rush. Boy, did we...they didn't serve dinner until 6pm. So, settled for cocktails and an appetizer - calamari fries (very good)... 6pm came quickly, and we placed our entree order...entrees came out quickly and garnished very nicely. My Seafood Mix was excellent! All seafood was fresh and tasty...my wife, a landlubber, enjoyed the chicken bosque and loved it. Ashley our server, was very attentive and pleasant the whole time. The view of upper Tampa Bay, was a nice plus....especially the sunset. A very nice restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my wife.

1  Thank BryanP137
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a great dinner for 6 at a nice round table ...but it was in a side room and not nearly as nice as the main restaurant. So food great, service good but low on atmosphere. Scallops and calamari fries, some very nice Chardonnay and a good time was had by all.

2  Thank cultureoutdoors
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Pricey but super food. Had the fish and it was great... If you eat outside the nats can be pesky... Order the snapper it's great!

2  Thank John H

Been to Oystercatchers? Share your experiences!