“Basic S. Tampa Pizza”

Sally O'Neal's Pizza Hotline
Ranked #287 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: "Sally O'Neal's Pizza Hotline" is a family owned and operated business that has served South Tampa since 1985. We have always tried to listen to you, our customer, and give you the best product and service that you truly deserve. Our Pizza is made from the finest, pure natural ingredients we can buy. We go the extra mile on quality, and that means more work for us but greater satisfaction for you. We buy fresh baker's yeast and high-gluten flour for our dough. We go to the Farmer's Market for our fresh vegetables. We make our own sauces, marinades and salad dressings from my own recipes. We buy only the best quality meats. Chicken breasts are marinated in fresh garlic and lemon and then poached before they ever see the pizza. Bacon is double-smoked - and double the flavor! Beef is low in fat. Sausage and Pepperoni are the best in the industry. We use Smoked Buffet ham that is strong in flavor. Cheeses are carefully tasted and freshly grated. Our White Pizza Base has five different cheeses and a selection of herbs and spices. All this attention to detail adds up to a product of superior taste and quality for which we have won many culinary awards as well as national recognition as the best independent pizza business in Tampa Bay.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good pizza, nothing really special about it. It is in a good location for South Howard and Hyde park area. Consistent quality and toppings.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day, as we had decided on a casual dinner + movie. The server was no nice, asked if we were going to a movie, and said she'd make sure we were not late. She even snapped a couple of pictures of my wife and me, and wanted to be sure we got a picture we liked.

But the real story here is the pizza. Most people over the age of 45, which I am just barely, will relate that even with a healthy digestive system, as we age things like pizza can sit pretty heavily. Wife and I ordered the 16" BBQ Chicken Speciality Pizza, which if anything sounded like one of the richer pizzas. It was just incredible. The first thing is just in appearance.....it so apparent that this is prepared and baked differently. The taste is incredible, and unlike other pizzas this was not greasy or heavy. Both my wife and I commented about how well it was sitting. In fact, after the movie we had the two remaining slices!

South Tampa is a little bit of a drive for us, but we get that way several times a year. Most definitely, we will make this a regular stop. Best pizza ever!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Sally's has had the best pizza in Tampa for over 10 years hands down. Thin crust pizza tastes like NY pizza at its best. Neighborhood eatery where the locals go for pizza. Definitely worth trying.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have lived all over this country and Sally's pizza is the best especially the chicken artichoke white pizza. Totally outrageous taste like nothing else. Don't miss this!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Pretty good pizza overall. A bit too greasy and cheesy, but not too shabby. Excellent delivery (fast, etc.).