“Great Service Disappointing Food”

Bella's Italian Cafe
Ranked #35 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Service Disappointing Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had read great things about Bella's so decided to try it for the first time for a special occasion with another couple. The restaurant was very busy, they do not accept reservations however they have a call ahead 30 mins before arrival policy to be put on the list which worked nicely. We had a cocktail at the bar which was two for one and the prices were very reasonable. We ordered the calamari for an appetizer for everyone. The plate was a large mound as we started taking some off the top I noticed the rest was just a pile of crumbs from the batter. I pointed it out to the server who agreed. Immediately the manager came over and sent another plate which was better the second time. I won't go over all we ordered but I ordered the veal which I felt was not that good. The Marsala sauce had a cream in it, the veal was grainy, and dish had a "sweetness" to it. Now let me say that all people have different standards. I am Italian, and spent most of my life in New York. This might be great food for some, but to me it's on par with Carrabbas. Service was very good, prices were fair, food was disappointing.

• Visited November 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Delicious Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I recently went to Bella's with a friend I was visiting in Tampa. It had been years since I was there last and this visit did not disappoint. We started with the goat cheese appetizer called the Formaggio Al Forno. I had the ravioli verde with the tomato cream sauce! I loved it and my friend had the Pollo Milano and she loved her meal as well. We had great service and the atmosphere was nice. If you do get there later on a Friday or Saturday night be prepared to wait a little bit for a table. I will definitely go back there!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank valeriek726
Tampa, Florida
“You can count on Bella's to always be very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We love this place. Never had a bad time at Bella's. Food is great, service too and we like the lively buzz even late night. Another plus, one of the few S.Tampa restaurants that is open on Monday.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank FrannybFern
Hampton
“Always Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We love this restaurant - the atmosphere, the service and of course the food are all wonderful! We have been going for 5 years now and still discovering new delicious dishes on the menu!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank flycatcher06
“Bella's is by far the best Italian food in Tampa. ♡♥♡”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Don't even think of going anywhere else. I love everything they have to offer. Been here several times. Chose to eat here for my birthday. Never disappointed. This NY'er is at home when dining at Bella's ♡♥♡

• Visited September 2013