“Healthy yet delicious and the best red velvet cake this side of Florida”

Wright's Gourmet House
Ranked #2 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This place has been here forever! You have to wait in line..you have to park on a side street and I tell ya, even if I had to walk 10 miles, I would recommend you have a sandwich!!! If you can't decide on what cake to get...try a slice of each! Hummingbird Cake? Yes...I said it. Try it.
www.travelbyfork.com

There are newer reviews for Wright's Gourmet House

Reviewed October 9, 2010

There is a reason Wright's has been selling gourmet sandwiches in South Tampa for over 45 years now. They are consistently the best at what they do. My personal favorite is the Beef Martini which is also one of their best sellers.

At lunch time there is generally a line, so add a few minutes for that. The menu has every type of sandwich out there as well as some other foods like pasta salad, etc. Wright's is also famous for their cakes. Have a slice with your meal. It's big and you probably won't finish it but you will find it to be awesome.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Born and raise in Tampa, I have a background with Wright's. Everyone knows that if you want an excellent cake, you have to go to Wright's. The place not only has good cakes, but also good food. I have had their Cuban and it was out of this world. The only worry I had is that the woman making my sandwich dropped it on the floor, then told me she'd bring it to my table because she had to make a new one and then by the time I was at the cash register (not more than a minute later.) there was a sandwich waiting for me. ...I really hope it wasn't the same one. But it was still tasty. The crab caprese salad is also out of this world. I don't know if it was a seasonal item but if they have it when you visit; you must have it. And any visit to Wright's isn't complete without cake. My favorite is their chocolate cake but their Hawaiian Princess cake is good too. The good thing is that if you don't have room for an entire piece of cake, they also have cupcakes too.

1  Thank Tampatraveler926
Reviewed May 28, 2010

There is more bread than meat in their sandwiches

1  Thank gerald s
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I stopped at Wright's twice during my six-day vacation in Tampa. The first time, I ordered a side of potato salad and cream of potato soup. The soup was hearty and flavorful with bacon added like mom used to make. On my second visit, I ordered a reuben made with pastrami and rye, instead of the corned beef and pumpernickel. The sandwich was only $7.50, about half the price of a reuben at Zingerman's in Ann Arbor. The meat, grilled rye, sauerkraut, and cheese were delicious. I did not order any dessert. The customer service was so good I asked to speak with a manager after my meal to compliment the counter person who took my order both visits and who offered me free samples of potato salad during my first visit.

2  Thank GaryatMSU

Been to Wright's Gourmet House? Share your experiences!