“A Tampa classic.”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Born and raise in Tampa, I have a background with Wright's. Everyone knows that if you want an excellent cake, you have to go to Wright's. The place not only has good cakes, but also good food. I have had their Cuban and it was out of this world. The only worry I had is that the woman making my sandwich dropped it on the floor, then told me she'd bring it to my table because she had to make a new one and then by the time I was at the cash register (not more than a minute later.) there was a sandwich waiting for me. ...I really hope it wasn't the same one. But it was still tasty. The crab caprese salad is also out of this world. I don't know if it was a seasonal item but if they have it when you visit; you must have it. And any visit to Wright's isn't complete without cake. My favorite is their chocolate cake but their Hawaiian Princess cake is good too. The good thing is that if you don't have room for an entire piece of cake, they also have cupcakes too.

1  Thank Tampatraveler926

Reviewed May 28, 2010

There is more bread than meat in their sandwiches

1  Thank gerald s
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I stopped at Wright's twice during my six-day vacation in Tampa. The first time, I ordered a side of potato salad and cream of potato soup. The soup was hearty and flavorful with bacon added like mom used to make. On my second visit, I ordered a reuben made with pastrami and rye, instead of the corned beef and pumpernickel. The sandwich was only $7.50, about half the price of a reuben at Zingerman's in Ann Arbor. The meat, grilled rye, sauerkraut, and cheese were delicious. I did not order any dessert. The customer service was so good I asked to speak with a manager after my meal to compliment the counter person who took my order both visits and who offered me free samples of potato salad during my first visit.

2  Thank GaryatMSU
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Really Great Deli selection, all the food is made to order so it takes a little longer. The deserts are probably the best in town.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook