“Great sandwiches”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
“Great sandwiches”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here today and they have delicious Cuban sandwiches. They are very flavorful. They also have great cakes that I have had at parties before. I love Wright's!

Visited July 2013

Brookeville, Maryland, United States
“Healthier than fast food, but just as quick”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Freshness and originality of sandwiches and small assortment of daily soups
To go orders were wrapped to endure heat in car

Visited June 2013
Brandon, Florida
“Deli”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

"There is a reason this place is always packed.” This is my favorite Deli in Tampa. They have the best New Yorker Sandwich and fantastic soups of the day. Plus they have tons of pasta sides to choose from. Then there are the Desserts! I am not a big sweet tooth guy but everything I have had was amazing!

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Something Just Isn't "Wright" About This Place”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon our visits to Tampa, my wife and I often drive past Wright's Gourmet House noticing the full parking lot. So we decided to stop in to experience it ourselves. Honestly, it isn't as good as any other deli we've visited. We tried their signature sandwich, the beef martini, with a side of shrimp pasta salad as well as a side of veggie pasta salad. The sandwich was rather blah; rare roast beef with sautéed mushrooms and bacon. The bread was okay but was just sliced white bread you can get anywhere. The mushrooms were heated right in front of us but were somehow cold and tasteless. (Perhaps a little horseradish and/or cheese would have helped.) The veggie pasta salad was loaded with what may have been parmesan cheese (too much) and, unfortunately, I kept tasting it all afternoon. On a good note, the shrimp pasta salad was quite tasty and well-seasoned. Also, the Hawaiian princess cupcake was good. It consisted of dense yellow cake filled with pineapple topping (the kind you put over ice cream) iced with cream cheese frosting. And NO plain unsweetened iced tea, just flavored (mango, orange, etc.)...what? Better deli choices: Earl Of Sandwich, Toojay's, and Wawa, just to name a few.

• Visited June 2013
WrightsGourmetHouse, Owner at Wright's Gourmet House, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I apologize for your disappointing visit. We clearly made the Beef Martini wrong because it needs piping hot mushrooms to melt the garlic butter and give the sandwich the "pop" it's known for. While our butter-crust white is the original recipe, I prefer pumpernickle and we also offer whole wheat, rye, onions rolls, and Cuban bread.

Would you allow me the opportunity to mend fences? If so, please call me at 813-253-3838 x22.

Jeff Mount
Tampa, Florida
“Great Choice!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had an office function with sandwiches, veggie and dessert tray catered. Excellent! A little pricey, but well worth it. You won't be disappointed. The cream cheese chocolate brownies were divine!

Visited May 2013

Been to Wright's Gourmet House? Share your experiences!