“Great place for a quiet dinner”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tampa, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Absolutely wonderful, I only give 4 stars instead of 5 because our steaks were not cooked properly. They were still delicious just not accurate.

We had lobster bisque that was phenomenal. The bread was also fresh. Our server was very attentive. We both ordered filet and both said medium. My husbands was still mooing I swear but he did not wish to complain. My steak was good on one side but was more well done or charred on the other half. There were enough juices on my plate to sop up and make it not so dry. I did not complain because at that point i had eaten half of the steak and said it was great. My steak seemed like it was split in the center and once I got past the medium side it was overcooked. I still ate it and enjoyed it.

I read other reviews prior to heading out and was a little leary of the reviews saying they had fat and gristle in their steak. I did not have a single bite of fat or gristle and neither did my husband. His steak was very rare and the plate was covered in blood. He will eat a rare steak so I was glad he got the mooing cow not me.

He had broccoli au gratin and I had brussel sprouts. Both sides were awesome and plentiful. We could not even finish the sides they were so large. This is a good thing since everything is ala carte.

I read reviews about the decor but I thought it was very clean and well kept. The wait staff was very professional and the helper kept my glass full. I even turned once to grab a drink of water and was surprised it had been filled again when I wasn't looking. Damn he is good lol.

Overall, I say Ruth's Chris is a great treat. I was considering 3 stars since the steaks are 50 bucks and they should be cooked perfectly for that price but, the staff were so awesome that they deserve 4 stars on their own. I hope next time our steaks are perfect and I can give them 5 stars.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We go to Ruth's Chris for celebrations- this last visit was for my birthday. We have always had excellent service and food and this time was the same. Our waiter-Joe-was excellent. He timed courses perfectly, was friendly and helpful, and very attentive. Water glasses never went empty and dishes cleared quickly after each course. We can't say enough about their excellent service-from the minute you pull up for valet to the hostesses, to the wait staff. Then there is the food. For this visit we had the barbecue shrimp appetizer- the shrimp were cooked perfectly and the sauce was outstanding. We also had the filet and stuffed chicken. The filet was cooked perfectly and the chicken was delicious. Since it was a birthday they brought me creme brûlée which is some of the best I have ever had. We can't say enough good things about all of our experiences at this Ruth's Chris.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We dine at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for most special occasions, anniversaries, birthdays etc. When dining there, you are always made to feel special from the moment you are greeted by the hostesses to when you have finished dining and valet brings your car. We always expect and receive great food but on this occasion there was a manager - maitre d named Tony. He just took this dining experience to another level. He enjoys making you happy. Great personality and accent, makes me want to dine there on a regular basis.
Thanks again Tony, this Mother's Day was so very special.
We all left feeling great.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

After hearing about the rave reviews for this steakhouse, I was seriously disappointed. My two sisters and I ate there on a Tuesday night, early enough for it not to be crowded, but late enough for there to be several tables of diners in our area.
One of my sisters had a decent meal...she ordered the 6oz filet and lobster tail....she had no complaints. My other sister and I ordered the rib eye, and it was basically inedible. I could only taste a 'greasy spoon' au jus that the steak was bathed in. When served, my sister and the waiter agreed that the steaks looked like different cuts--one a new york cut and one a rib eye, so the waiter took the new york back and much later brought out a rib eye. She ordered hers medium and it was barely cooked...bright red and again greasy spoon sauce. We barely ate a quarter of our steak as it had no flavor besides the grease. After paying so much for what we hoped would be an excellent steak, I think I will pass next time.

3  Thank Judy K
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I took my wife to Ruth Chris in Tampa. The manager, Tony came out to meet us and wish us happy anniversary. We had the lobster bisque which had delightful chunks of lobster. I had the ribeye done medium well. You could cut it with a fork. My wife had the New York prime and that too was perfect. The lobster Mac and cheese was sinfully good. To top off our evening, the staff sent us a complementary chocolate mouse cheesecake which is my wife's favorite. How could that be topped? Our server Heather was just so good and the busboy Sean made us feel special and like family. Oh what a perfect night. We enjoyed our evening so much that we were among the last to leave the restaurant. Thank you Tony and your wonderful staff.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!