“Poor Management and Customer Service”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Street
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Tampa, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were sat in a booth that had water dripping out of the A/C vent from above our table. We brought it to the attention of our waiter. He said this is a common problem. In fact, we just moved a couple out of the this booth 10 minutes ago for the same problem. ( Huh ?? ) We were moved but they didn't notify anyone that we were at our new table. It took an hour to get a salad. It took another 45 minutes to get a shrimp cocktail. Finally, I complained to the manager and he asked why we didn't inform anyone we had switched tables ( say wha ? ) Needless to say, we had a loud shouting match. No apology. The main entrees were fine, but not served at the right temperature. Usually, the plates come out bubbling hot, this was room temperature at best. My waiter knew I was upset and quit coming back to the table. Plates were piling up. It became very uncomfortable as we knew we were being avoided. We had a 7:30 reservation and did not have our check presented until 10:45. You can imagine what I said to the waiter. He said " I guess I can take off the shrimp cocktail" (excuse me? ) Management never came back to check on us. He was a slivered haired, argumentative, thinks he knows it all, clown. Too bad....this used to be an outstanding restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The service was outstanding and steak was one of the best I have ever had. This is a great place to eat! The server was wonderful and was very helpful. I recommend this place as a special treat for those special events.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary last evening the same way we have for the last 10 years or so, by dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It's our once-a-year splurge and it has yet to disappoint. The steaks are the best I have EVER eaten, the shrimp is cooked and seasoned to perfection (again, no other shrimp I have tasted compares!), the sweet potato casserole and the broiled tomatoes are heavenly. The service was stellar.

We have dined at other Ruth Chris restaurants in Indianapolis, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, and Louisville and must say we like the ambiance of the Tampa restaurant the best. Keep up the good work!

(the only disappointment during this visit was not getting a complimentary creme brulee to share for our anniversary as we have in the past.)

But we're still coming back next year!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start this review with a statement. Ruths Chris steakhouse(yes that's the correct spelling) is one of top two or three steakhouses in central Florida. The only gripe I have with Ruths Chris is that most of the side dishes that normally accompany an entree like potato or salad or veggy, whether it's a Denny's or a high end place like this, are included in the price of the entree. These are ala carte here and costs quickly add up. It's my opinion that when you pay anywhere from $25.00 to $50.00 for a steak, no matter how great it is the side item should come along with it. That said, steaks here are as good as they get. In fact, all that I've tried from appetizers to desserts are fantastic. In addition, the drinks are very well done too. A place for special occasions.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We had awesome service and the staff was very personable. The food was well prepared and promptly served and cleared. First time at the restaurant and we will go back.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!