“Poor service, poor food”

CDB Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1,291 of 2,416 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Tampa, Florida
“Poor service, poor food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Although I like CDB pizza as well as the adjoining sushi restaurant, also owned by CDB, we had a tough time when we visited the Italian restaurant.

First off, my family (2 kids, 4 adults) were put in an overflow room away from most diners. That meant that servers forgot about us every time we needed service. We weren't able to place our order until we'd sat for over 40 minutes, waited for our meals to arrive even longer, and then received mediocre or poor food, not to mention rare water refills. By the time the meal was over, my group was pretty fed up.

By mediocre food, I mean far less than Olive Garden standard of cuisine. My sampler plate (which includes chicken parm, eggplant parm and and ravioli) consisted of chicken and eggplant tossed on top of the ravioli with a thin layer of pasta sauce on top of all of it. In other words. The pasta itself was rubbery and both the chicken and eggplant were tough.

Maybe CDB's was having a bad night; it happens to everyone. Regardless, I won't be visiting their establishment again.

• Visited February 2014

South Windsor, Connecticut
“Surprise! It's good!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Found CDB by surprise since it doesn't have an Italian restaurant sounding name. Went there twice.

First time was on a Wednesday, and their pasta special had shrimp, crab, scallops, and a large fresh fillet of grouper in a white cream sauce.. Very tasty, and lots of food! Highly recommended!

Returned a few days later for a pizza lunch, and was not disappointed. The pizza is between the thin NY style and the thick Chicago style. At first it looks intimidating; however it was surprisingly light and very tasty.

Has a restaurant area and a friendly bar area where we had our meals. Service was fine and friendly, and prices reasonable.

Good place for good food at a good price.

(Never did find out what CDB meant!)

• Visited March 2014
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“A Pie to Remember !”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

A great menu. They had it all. You couldn't beat the 2 for 1 drink specials.Well, maybe you could.There pizza had a taste to remember. The taste was memorable. I think, I closed my eyes when I took the first bite.Made with such quality dough and meats,your taste buds told you to take your time and enjoy! We wanted to take some back to the guys at the hotel, but ate it all ourselves...that good. Service was slow. and it wasn't crowded.The quality of the food made up for it. A must if you are hungry and not just a salad night.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Montel38
Lakeland, Florida
“The Best Pizza!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have been going to CDB's Italian restaurant for 30 years. In all that time nobody has ever given us a better pizza. Also, the portions they give are huge. The service is excellent and the atmosprere is cozy and friendly.

Visited December 2013
Tampa
“Not so good”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The appetizers were frozen and then deep fried. Really thick breading. So bad we couldn't eat them. The pizza was OK but the salad had old lettuce. Won't be going back. I have been eating here since college in the 70s but haven't liked the food for many years. I keep trying now and then because I want to eat there. Now I have given up.