“Mardi gras madness”
Review of Donatello

Donatello
Reserve with OpenTable
Donatello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 2,418 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: J.F. Kennedy Blvd
Transit: Bus 36 stops in front of the restaurant.
Trenton, New Jersey
“Mardi gras madness”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Lots of fun with great food and service. Great Italian dishes! Party atmosphere and great music. We loved it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Thomas R

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Fine dining in an Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant offers superb dining in an elegant setting. Excellent service with plenty of attention to detail. The lemon piccata was very moist and tender. Also, there is a nice bar on the other side of the restaurant with entertainment. The servers were truly Italian and worked very diligently at serving us an enjoyable, relaxing dinner.

• Visited March 2014
Dayton OH
“Prepare to be Ripped Off”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was staying at the airport with a colleague and we went here for dinner on the recommendation of the front desk clerk at the Courtyard. I should have known better when there was only valet parking on a Monday night.
The waiter was pretentious and very unfriendly, the house wine was $9.50 for a glass. The rest of the wine list was well overpriced and the disappointments just kept coming.
The bread was French bread right off the shelf of any local supermarket. The veal and chicken dishes did not come with pasta but I could have a half order of pasta for $14!
Due to the high prices, we settled on 2 pasta dishes thinking that at least we would have enough to eat. Boy were we wrong. These $28 entrees tasted fine (nothing to write home about) but each would have fit into a small dessert or cereal bowl. Seriously these were the smallest portions I've ever seen at any Italian restaurant. (I am Italian from Brooklyn.)
My friend actually said "Maybe there's a Wendy's near here we can go to now."

2 Thank Michael R
Olympia
“Gem!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The Marriott shuttle driver recommended Donatellos and the 5 of us were NOT disappointed! This place is closer to an authentic Italy restaurant and not on of those chain places. The food was outstanding, and they recommended an excellent affordable wine we loved (2 bottles!) A couple of us had perfectly cooked vegetable risotto and we also had delicious bruschetta, grilled asparagus and limoncello. The servers were charming, young, Italian and flattered the women and gave us roses.... reminded me of one of those intimate family places on the Amalfi Coast where they are as friendly as you like and not just a table to turn over ... but also upscale enough to be romantic or to impress colleagues. Plan to revisit next time I'm in Tampa.

Tampa, Florida
“Great food, bad service.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The food is truly outstanding although quite a bit overpriced. The service, regardless of what other reviews say was mediocre at best. I ordered the pate' appetizer and the Carpaccio ($17 and $27) then the Tortellini and a minestrone soup ($27 and $11) followed by the rack of lamb and tenderloin medallions ($70 and $50) all of which were outstanding. Now the sad part... My ice tea stood empty every time for at least 15 minutes. The crumbs were never cleared from the table. They set my $70 lamb in a pile of used splenda packs which were not cleared until I actually told them to. I had to request a steak knife, then I had to request a steak knife for my GF. The waiter asked "how is it" when my GF was completely done with hers and I was almost done with mine. There were so many birthday parties I thought I was at Chuck e' chez (6 just during our visit). When we walked in there was no host. We stood there for a good 5 minutes wondering if we used the wrong door. When the host finally came over his first words were "give me a moment", another moment?! No they were not busy. He didn't even ask if we had reservations as they were not necessary. Don't get me started on the bathrooms which rival that of a truck stop, trash can over flowing, urinals and stalls like back in high school. Maybe it was our fault because we didn't order any wine so our tab was only $250 and we got what we paid for..

1 Thank stewart b