“THE BEST SERVICE EVER!!!”
Review of Donatello

Donatello
Reserve with OpenTable
Donatello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 2,383 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: J.F. Kennedy Blvd
Transit: Bus 36 stops in front of the restaurant.
Tampa, Florida
“THE BEST SERVICE EVER!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food is excellent but the service is.....even better :-). I love it. Gino the owner if fantastic!!!!! Every woman is given a rose before she leaves. You must experience it.

Visited August 2012

Avalon, NJ
“Italian at it's Best”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

First time there, Gino (owners son and Partner) treated me like a long lost relative( One he really liked). Food, service ambiance were top shelf. Carmelo, our waiter, recommended Veal Chop "His Way", a great choice. Light Sauce, mushrooms -Just right ! Sauteed Spinach was had just enough Garlic. The Bread was a pleasant surprise, unlike most of Florida bread which is like Stale Wonder bread, this was moist and crusty. Also unlike uppity restaurants they put butter along with oil on the table. I was blown away by Donatello's.
Wine selection, a Super Tuscan, went down easy. I will be back for New Years Eve, can't wait.

Florida
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had the Insalata Caprese $15.95, Tortellini Aurora $25.95 and the house Pinot Noir $9.50 a glass. The Insalata Caprese was amazing the mozzarella was deliciously fresh as was to tomato. The Tortellini was average and frankly disappointing for $25. The house wine was very good. The decor is dated but the fresh roses as centerpieces are an elegant touch. The service was exceptional but a couple obviously celebrating their anniversary was sat right next to me it was odd and uncomfortable.

Panama City, Florida
“A bit disappointing....”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I live 5 hours from Donatello. When planning our 8th anniversary trip, we knew we wanted to eat at Donatello's again as we did last year for our anniversary because it was so wonderful. We made 7:00 reservations and found it not crowded at all when arriving. For some reason they wanted to sit us right next to another couple's table when there were plenty of open tables around the restaurant. We asked could we sit somewhere more to ourselves and they obliged. Service was not as good as it was last year, not sure why that was the case. Food was good, but not spectacular as we remembered it to be last year also. We ordered the Carpacio Di Filetto for our app and it was not "thin" like it usually is. My husband order the pasta trio and I had the "catch of they day" Chilean Sea Bass. Both of our meals were good. Our cheesecake dessert was the best part of the meal as it was delicious. Overall we were a bit disappointed considering we spent upwards of $275 for dinner and a bottle of wine and cocktails. We expected it to be fantastic again but it just wasn't. I really wanted to come home and write a 5 star spectacular review, but I had to be honest and this was our experience. I hope they were just having an off night.

Laurel, Maryland
“Great Italian”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife an I flew into Tampa and got to our hotel late. We were straving from our flight and the hotel recommended Donatello's. After a short taxi ride from downtown we were a bit ashamed because we were casually dressed but it didn't matter. We were seated quickly and the service was great. They had a seafood pasta special that was so good it would make your head spin. With a bottle of wine and a Creme Brulee for desert you didn't feel over stuff. Just the right amount. To top it off the maite' d gave my wife a rose and a kiss on the hand as we left. Now she expects that everywhere I take her.

It was a good night and a good meal. You will not be disapointed.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Donatello? Share your experiences!