“Good place for sushi and sashimi”

Ichiban Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #447 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We go here from time to time. Tonight we went with another couple. I remembered from the last time we went that a person ordered sukiyaki and said it was so full of gristle, he could not eat it. He did not send it back, but just ate his soup and salad. We warned them about the beef. I want to say that the sushi and sashimi were excellent and the person who ordered the chicken teryaki was happy with that. I would say that this is a very good place to eat if you don't order a beef dish. The prices are reasonable and the service is very good. The meals come with miso soup, salad and rice. Dinner is less than $20 a person and you can save an extra dollar per meal by coming between 5:30 and 6:30 for the early bird

1  Thank KarenFL

Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is a great sushi restaurant. They had some really nice sushi rolls which were very different than what we have had in the past. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Restaurant was clean. And seemed to be a fairly popular place.

1  Thank Tina R
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have been looking for a delicious and reliable (in quality) sushi place near my home and finally found it this past weekend.
- Cozy atmosphere without feeling crowded (kids are welcome, but also an intimate feel)
- Very good quality raw fish, along with many other options
- Good service
- Amazing deal vis-a-vis price without sacrificing quality, unlike the local all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant
My only complaints are: the plum wine is too syrupy-sweet.
Also, I wish they were open later on weekend nights!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Waited a while for the appetizer then waited forever for the sushi rolls, that I even had to ask if my order was being made. In addition to that usually the sushi is good but tonight it was terrible. It was so sappy, sloppy and not rolled tightly that I would not want to go again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This has long been a favorite sushi place, it's been around 25 years and I have been making pilgrimages to it for 12 of those years. Went back again this week while in town and was not disappointed! Excellent specialty rolls as well as old standards, THE BEST dynamite roll I've ever had!