“Used to be better”

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
“Used to be better”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Waited a while for the appetizer then waited forever for the sushi rolls, that I even had to ask if my order was being made. In addition to that usually the sushi is good but tonight it was terrible. It was so sappy, sloppy and not rolled tightly that I would not want to go again.

• Visited December 2013

georgia
“awesome sushi!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This has long been a favorite sushi place, it's been around 25 years and I have been making pilgrimages to it for 12 of those years. Went back again this week while in town and was not disappointed! Excellent specialty rolls as well as old standards, THE BEST dynamite roll I've ever had!

• Visited August 2013
Oldsmar, Florida
“Best Sushi in Tampa Bay!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Wow, what an incredible sush and Japanese restaurant. Order the Dynamite appetizer right away since it takes about 20 minutes. The staff is wonderful, always smiling and helping. The sushi very fresh with a lot of traditional Japanese favorites for the non sushi eater. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
“It's alright.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's okay. I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal out of it. If anyone hasn't tried Sushi Alive yet, then I would high recommend it. My server who was a little slow and forgetful. I'm pretty sure it was one of the new owners since the previous owners left. I came before with my family and I ordered a chicken dish for dinner, but the server (one of the owners) forgot to put it in. I came in again and I ordered and she forgot again. I didn't say anything this time though because I probably won't come back. I also have heard her talk rudely about another customer as I walked to the bathroom before so it's not really comforting. The environment is nothing like how it was before with the old owners.

• Visited July 2013
“Family Lunch!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Took my mom and nephew out for lunch today. The sushi was very delicious and my Nephew had a California Roll. He said it was very tasty. The only thing that needs improved on is the service. Our server was busy talking with the other servers and busy texting on her phone. Service was very poor today. But I have always loved this restaurant. Sushi was very delicious and tasty!!

• Visited June 2013