“Delicous, but expensive”

Columbia Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Cross street: 21st street
Description: Open 365-days a year, including all holidays. Serving lunch and dinner daily. Reservations accepted. Children's menu available. In addition to award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine, Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City features Flamenco dance performances nightly, Monday - Saturday. There is no show on Sunday. The Café offers live jazz Tuesday through Saturday. The Hernandez Gonzmart family has been making restaurant history since 1905 when they opened their landmark Columbia Restaurant in Tampa's Historic Ybor City, which today is Florida's Oldest RestaurantSM. Today, 4th & 5th generation family members work hard to preserve the family's legacy that their great-grandfather Casimiro Hernandez, Sr. created over 112 years ago when he opened the Columbia as a corner café frequented by local cigar workers. Casual attire is fine, but we don't allow sleeveless shirts on men. Our guests enjoy many of the same century-old family recipes that have made the Columbia famous like Paella "a la Valenciana," Snapper "Alicante" Pompano en Papillot, The Original Cuban Sandwich, and Filet Mignon "Columbia". Don't miss Columbia's Original "1905" Salad(R), prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy an ice cold pitcher of Sangria or Mojitos, or sample a fine Spanish wine like Montecillo or Campillo from our award-winning wine list.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My son (age 9) and I went to Columbia to have lunch. It's a little pricey, but they sat us near a fountain in a room that has skylight. The architecture is beautiful and the food was delicious. Waiters all wear black suits and white shirts, comb the tables with "crumbers" which my son thought was cool, and are very pleasant. I had chicken and yellow rice, my son had a kid's steak with fries.

I strongly recommend this place for lunch. The evening menu is VERY expensive.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,661)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

LOVED the decor and the ambiance of this place- was very authentic, old world. Huge, busy place, bustling- not for a romantic quiet dinner ! This place is loud and fun and the food was outstanding- a huge menu with a great selection of Spanish foods. Everyone that served us from the bartender to the wait staff were friendly and the food came out quicker than expected- odd to find a place like this in the USA

1  Thank pickEeater13
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife & I decided to Ybor City while vacationing in the area. Two different shops recommended that we dine at The Columbia. I'm glad we listened. The wait time for lunch was not too long. We loved the history of the restaurant. The building is beautiful, the service is excellent and the food is delicious.

1  Thank Patrick W
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked a reservation for the Columbia for my husbands 60th birthday. I drive my daughters to an arts school in Ybor City, and we pass this resteraunt every day. We were always very curious about this place, so we decided to give it a try. When we got there, the cheerful atmosphere made me smile. We were unfortunately informed that they weren't playing live music like we expected, the the food made up for it. The service was great! When we got our food, even our picky daughters dug in. It was delicious! The first taste of good resteraunt food in a while! Though, as we were leaving, a family got into a very large fight about paying, but other than that, it was great!

1  Thank Brighton1353
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Beautiful historical restuarant in Ybor City, fabulous authentic foods and the staff is very attentive! Don't miss the Flamenco Show!!!!