“Wonderful date night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Terrazza Restaurant

La Terrazza Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Gainesville, Florida
“Wonderful date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time. The food was amazing and the service is beyond expected! I can't put into words the excitement I feel as I'm writing this review, but all I can say is you won't be disappointed if you try This wonderful Italian paradise.

Central Florida, Florida
“Lovely just one issue...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Went for Valentine's. Had reservations. We got there a few minutes early the were so welcoming and sat us immediately. The host and the other staff is awesome. However our server apparently forgot to put in our order so we sat waiting for our appetizers while couples who came in way after us were served first. But, we had wine and bread so we went with the flow since the server got ours out to us once she realized. The antipasto and smoked salmon appetizers were amazing. I had the lobster & crab ravioli and it was out of this world! Unfortunately for my date the pork was not seasoned. Great piece of meat cooked perfectly but no salt...nothing. So my ravioli cream sauce became the pork sauce so it could be enjoyed. This is the only issue. The ricotta cheese cake was delish. The tiramisu was ok. But, over all the place is charming so are the staff and I will definitely be dining here again. YUMMO!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Valentine's Day Prix Fixe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I ate dinner at La Terrazza for the first time last night, and it was outstanding. We arrived for our reservation, were promptly greeted, and given our choice of the available tables in the restaurant. The restaurant has a very cozy, warm feel (which, it seems, all the best Italian restaurants do) which was perfect for a romantic dinner.

The menu was Prix Fixe for Valentine's Day, but still had many selections from which to choose. I had the Salmone Affumicato appetizer (smoked salmon with onions, capers, and lemon) which was great. My husband had the minestrone (which was just okay). For entrees, I had a porcini mushroom tortelloni which I'm not sure is normally on the menu, but was absolutely delicious. My husband had Veal Scalloppine which was also very tasty. For dessert, we had tiramisu and cannolis.

Overall, it was one of the best dining experiences I've had in Tampa. The service was friendly and helpful; the type that is around if you need them but isn't asking how you're doing every 5 minutes. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. I highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2014
Lexington, South Carolina
“They treat you like family, AND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

...the food is fabulous! We found this lovely little restaurant with the reader reviews here, and it's top ranking in tampa. We were staying downtown near the conference center and were looking for something close by for our first night in town.

We made reservations for a Saturday night, luckily, as many people were turned away. The restaurant only has about 20 tables. We sat in a front window seat and enjoyed the parade of "interesting" people walking by. This restaurant is on the hot and famous 7th avenue in Ybor City, just 10 minutes from downtown. We took the electric trolley outside our hotel, which was perfect.

We were greeting with genuine Italian greetings and were made to feel right at home from the minute we sat down. I had delicious pasta with cream sauce, peas and ham and my spouse had frutti di mare with pasta, all fantastic. Homemade tiramisu and creme brûlée for dessert, then they offered us port because they "liked us". We were also happily chatting with a local couple who was quite friendly with the staff....regulars.

I was especially happy to see genuine concern on one of the waiters faces when he thought my husband was not happy with the coffee. He did not realize that I saw his expression, and it one of true concern!

This is truly a family run business where everyone takes personal ownership of what they serve and how they serve it, and thanks to tripadvisor loyals that post these reviews - like me - that get to reap the rewards! I forgot to mention that it is quite affordable as well. Thanks to everyone at La Terrazza for the perfect dining experience!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lori S
Florida
“Delicious authentic Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have been to this restaurant twice and it is hands down our favorite place for a romantic dinner. The food is outstanding, the service is tops, the food is simply amazing and the location in Ybor City is great! Our first visit we sat inside with a window view of the street and our last visit we took our friend visiting from Costa Rica (who happens to be a chef) and sat outside since the weather was so nice and he wanted to take in the sights of Ybor. Like I wrote, the food is outstanding from the appetizers, soups, entrees, all the way to the scrumptious deserts (we tried the Tiramisu which we've had all over the world) and it was mouth watering. We highly recommend this restaurant, especially for couples looking for a romantic "date night" out.

• Visited November 2013