“This place blew my mind”

La Terrazza Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 2,405 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Tampa, Florida
“This place blew my mind”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went here for a work lunch. It was unassuming and small, great atmosphere. The food was incredible. It was like being back in Italy. We started with bruschetta and caprese, both were fresh and bursting with flavor. For main lunch I went with the penne rustica. The sauce was perfect and not overly done. The sausage was so delicious I wanted to order seconds. This is probably the best Italian meal I have had in the states. I will be back for sure.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank LoriO24

“Tampa's best Italian”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Whenever we get a night without the kids, this is where we go. The soups are homemade and delicious. The salads are fresh and tasty. Personally, I love the Caprese salad. My husband always orders the fish and it is always fresh and tasty. I get the pastas or the filet. Everything is made fresh. The staff is friendly and makes you feel like family. The desserts are excellent also and they have an excellent wine selection. We have never felt rushed. Out is a very relaxed atmosphere with delicious cuisine.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Nittanylion95
Tampa, Florida
“Authentic Italian cuisine in Ybor City”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is the place to go for true Italian cuisine. The meal that day reminded me so much of the meals we had when traveling in Italy. The elegant and cozy atmosphere also added a special touch to the whole experience. The crisp and clean linens on the table added to the elegance, yet the service was very warm and inviting.

My husband and I shared the Caprese as a starter and the Insalata Terrazza. Both were very good. I had the Scaloppine alla Ortolana for the main course which was topped with eggplant and served with a light tomato sauce. The veal was cooked perfectly and the sauce added that fresh tomato flavor that was very similar to what I've had in Italy. My husband felt the same way after tasting the Pollo Rollatino. The sauces were very fresh and flavorful.

We passed on the dessert and had coffee instead. We'll definitely have to save room for a cannoli on our next visit. They looked very good. Overall, it was a wonderful meal. We will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank KarenV87
Clearwater, Florida
“Very Nice Find”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Ibor for a show and wanted to try a different Italian Restaurant. La Terrazza came highly recomended and I must say they did not disappoint. We started our meal with a couple of appetizers that were very tastey. The main courses were excellent and although plenty to eat it's not over done in quantity like a lot of Italian restaurants. The service was personable, attentive, top notch. We ordered the Italian ricotta cheesecake for dessert with cafe very nicely done. If there would be only one thing I could pick out that could use improvement it would be the bread that was served. Although heated and crusty it was stale. I only mention this in hopes someone from the restaurant would read this and make the correction. I will go back again and plan on doing so soon, and I would recommend this restaurant to friends. Like the title says "Very Nice Find."

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Salvatore A
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Terrific Italian nosh - Ask for Luigi.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First time in Tampa and relying on TA we called Luigi who booked us in on a busy night without any problems and looked after us like a true host. When we arrived he remembered our names (very nice touch) and showed us to a good table. The starters were fab- I had the salmon with capers. Strong complimentary flavours. Otherwise try the sweet pepper and radish lettuce, Devine. All washed down with a chilled Pinot. Perfect!
Mains were even better. Had the fruits of the sea and it was strong on taste and light on the palate, the Mrs had the special Lasagne (rich and "lovely") and my boys had the swordfish- superb choices all round. Each dish distinctive, congrats to the chef all round.
Made a bit of a cock-up on the tip (mixed up the tax/gratuity!) so will have to return and compliment our host properly but have just had a bang on evening and one that I recommend to you all. Plymouth Dave

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank PlymouthDavenDeb

Been to La Terrazza Restaurant? Share your experiences!