New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Terrazza Restaurant

La Terrazza Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 2,311 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Lakeland, Florida
“In a word, Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife, another couple and I had an early (6 PM) dinner on Friday night, June 21, 2013 in Ybor city. A friend had told my wife about La Terraza, and I checked the comments on Trip Advisor. The meal exceeded our expectations. I had the scaloppini alla ortalana (sp?), my wife had the linguini and clams, my friend had the special lasagna and his wife had the special corvina dish. We all raved about our meals. The service was excellent and friendly. And the price was very reasonable. Definitely going to be one of our favorite places to dine.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank whcowley

Tampa, Florida
“Fantastic Italian!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The reviews were spot on. The food didn't disappoint. The wine list was lacking a bit but the service was great!

• Visited June 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Authentic Italian - ask for Luigi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon La Terrazza while traveling through Tampa.... It is a great place to enjoy some authentic Italian food. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and the staff is extremely friendly and really knows their food. Ask for Luigi - he is the best!... I was there on Tuesday night 5/28/13 and had a great fish dish prepared just they way I like it.... "Corvino Piccata"... My wife had the Seafood Risotto that was prepared perfectly. What a great experience.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank BillD1963
Miami, Florida
“delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent staff, i love the food was a pleasure to eat there, everything was clean, a big and nice space to sit and relax. i will come back!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Yankee s
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious and Authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a rule, my fiance and I do not dine out for Italian food...most of the time it's not worth the money. This restaurant is absolutely the exception to our rule. We love it. The waitstaff is amazing, the owners are friendly and helpful with the menu. It's a very friendly, cozy environment. They cook their pasta to a true al dente (unlike when I asked for al dente at Carrabas and they looked at me like I had 3 eyes).The bolognese sauce is to die for, I always get anything I can with it. Their lasagna is beyond amazing. My fiance usually chooses something with the pesto sauce and he always enjoys it. I highly recommend going here, but make reservations as it is a small restaurant and typically full.

• Visited January 2013