“Tasty & Nice Environment”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,400 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N Manhattan Avenue
Lithia, Florida
“Tasty & Nice Environment”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our second visit to this location in Tampa. We've also eaten at this restaurant in Hawaii. We actually like the food in Tampa better. The menu's are not the same.

I like how this restaurant is decorated. Modern and warm.

All tables start with a serving of Roy's Edamame which are made with their special recipe. They are delicious. We then split a Cesar Salad which bis served with freshly made & warm croutons. I wish I had gotten a full salad just for the croutons! They are the best I've ever had.

We each got one of the Mixed Plates options, ROY’S TRIO: Hibachi Salmon, Macadamia, Crusted Mahi & Misoyaki Butterfish with steamed sticky rice ($32.95). Each one was delicious and each prepared with its own sauce. I loved them all but the Butterfish was my favorite. On our next trip I think I'll just get the Butterfish.

For dessert I had Blueberry Sorbet. The waiter said it is not made in house but bought from a place that makes it from scratch. I would go back just for the sorbet ($7.95). It had fresh blueberries throughout it and tasted great. There were also fresh blueberries served with it. For me it was the perfect dessert.

Our service was very good but not the best I've ever had. When asked a question our server was great but he did not offer a lot otherwise.

• Visited October 2013

Southern California
“A little underwhelmed”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I had very high expectations as I entered Roy's Hawaiian Fusion in Tampa. I read the reviews, and on the flight to Florida sat next to a local, originally from Hawaii, who used to be a regular at Roy's original location (when Roy was the chef!), and now frequents the Tampa Roy's. I guess there was so much hype that I was expecting something magical, and it just didn't happen. I had the Chef's Trio of Hibachi Salmon, Macadamia Crusted Mahi & Misoyaki Butterfish. Although the Butterfish was very good, the Salmon was overcooked, and the Mahi had little flavor. The meal in general seemed uninspired, and it's really a shame when there seemed to be so much promise. Is it better than the myriad of other places we could have eaten? Yes. Is the service great? Yes. For these reasons I gave Roy's an overall Very Good. Was it all I expected it to be? Unfortunately, no.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Global-track
tampa
“Very good sushi dishes!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I travel quite a bit, and Roy's is especially good everywhere I go. The one in Vegas is phenomenal, and this one is no exceptoin. Very tasty sushi...fresh and hawaiin inspired. The martini's are a delicious combination that wettens the appetite. I'll be back next week!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Seas0nedTravel
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went here for dinner on a business trip. We were a large group from out of town and just dropped in without reservations during the dinner hour. We were seated quickly. The food took a little while to get to us, but the food was amazing. AMAZING! This place ruined the rest of our trip for me b/c we didn't eat anywhere else that was even close to being as good. The atmosphere was really nice, too. It would be a good place to go on a date.

• Visited September 2013
“Pineapple upside down soufflé”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

See the title? Order it. Sure the chocolate sounds amazing, just get the pineapple one. It's not too much, it's just right.

Everything we had here was perfect. It is pricey, but worth every dime. It's a special occasion kinda place.

Service was superb. The waiter was friendly and attentive. He was really good with the children too. Speaking of the kids, the kids meals come with a lot of food. I would even suggest having 2 kids split a meal.
Another thing I love about this place is thy they have my favorite beer on tap. Longboard.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Roy's? Share your experiences!