“Horrible service”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,450 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: N Manhattan Avenue
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i went here while on vacation and was super excited from all the great reviews we read. It's a very nice restaurant but the service we got was terrible. The lady took forever every time. We waited for almost 10 minutes just for the bill. We were there for about an hour and 15 minutes but only ate for about 20 minutes. The rest was waiting. It was only worth it cause we had a $50 gift card.

Jeannie L, Guest Relations Manager at Roy's, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We are so sorry to hear of your experience with Roy's Tampa. We completely understand that no matter how nice the restaurant or good the food is, inattentive service can ruin the entire meal. We regret disappointing expectations after reading such good reviews about our restaurant.

My Managing Partner would like to connect with you at your convenience to discuss your Roy's experience, especially the service aspect. You should not have waited that long.
My email address is jlee@roysrestaurant.com. What is the best way to contact you?

We take such feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I look forward to hearing back.

Jeannie Lee @ Roy's

Reviewed April 4, 2013

we dinner with two others, very good service, attentive waitress and very good quality meal, recommended

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Tried this restaurant for the 1st time during my visit in Tampa. Plenty of parking and valet is also available. Its across from a shopping mall & plaza. The place is comfortable modern with dim lighting and open atmosphere..reminds me of PF Changs but the food is way different of course. Arrived 5:30 happy hour time & sat on the busy bar but luckily there was 1 chair open...it was waiting for me :) The dining area is large and they do take reservations. Ordered the Prix Fixe menu. Here are my selections (see my pics):

1) Pork Belly Satay for appetizer. Perfectly cooked and tender. The fat melted in my mouth.
2) Seared Idaho River Trout for entree. Crunchy skin and moist. Served with grilled seasonal vegetables.
3) Roy's Melting Hot Souffle for desert. Piping hot served with ice cream..a chocolate volcano :) Wow..what a great way to finish!
4) Almost forgot...you must try their Hawaiian Martini (Maui pineapples, skyy vodka, stoli vanilla & malibu coconut). Very potent :)

The attention and service by the bartender / server was excellent as well. Wish there was one close by Miami cause I definitely would like to come back and try other dishes!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ate here with my wife and daughter. The service and food were exceptional.

The restaurant is large and open. We were not out of place in nice jeans and sweaters. It feels casual and homey, but the food is 5 star.

We started with the Lobster Potstickers ($11.95), which arrived quickly and were delicious. My wife had the Shellfish Sampler ($36.95) which she loved. It was a generous portion of shrimp, scallops and a lobster tail on risotto. I had the Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi ($28.95), and it was also very good. My daughter loved the kid's RJ's Favorite Pasta. We had to get to a game, so we didn't stay for dessert, but the server described a couple that sounded fantastic.

The wine list is good, and has a variety of reasonably priced choices. The service is prompt and attentive.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was blown away by our dining experience at Roy's while on vacation in Southern Florida. From the appetizers to dessert, everything was spectacular. The combination of flavors was like nothing I have had before and, in a rare treat, the quality was consistent throughout the meal. At the end, I could not pick my favorite... some of the highlights from our shared meal... the snapper, macademia nut crusted mahi, butterfish (a first for me - yum!), U10 scallops, and pesto risotto were all amazing. We also shared several desserts across our party. The family-style serving was a unique treat for this level of high end dining, and let us try several items on the diverse menu. One additional accolade, the service was GREAT -- attentive and friendly! When I return to the area, a meal at Roy's will be a must-do during the trip.

1  Thank Lily F

Been to Roy's? Share your experiences!