“Loved This Restaurant”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 2,416 Restaurants in Tampa
Cross street: N Manhattan Avenue
Edmonton, Canada
“Loved This Restaurant”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ate here with my wife and daughter. The service and food were exceptional.

The restaurant is large and open. We were not out of place in nice jeans and sweaters. It feels casual and homey, but the food is 5 star.

We started with the Lobster Potstickers ($11.95), which arrived quickly and were delicious. My wife had the Shellfish Sampler ($36.95) which she loved. It was a generous portion of shrimp, scallops and a lobster tail on risotto. I had the Macadamia Nut Mahi Mahi ($28.95), and it was also very good. My daughter loved the kid's RJ's Favorite Pasta. We had to get to a game, so we didn't stay for dessert, but the server described a couple that sounded fantastic.

The wine list is good, and has a variety of reasonably priced choices. The service is prompt and attentive.

1 Thank John S

Coralville, Iowa, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite food at Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was blown away by our dining experience at Roy's while on vacation in Southern Florida. From the appetizers to dessert, everything was spectacular. The combination of flavors was like nothing I have had before and, in a rare treat, the quality was consistent throughout the meal. At the end, I could not pick my favorite... some of the highlights from our shared meal... the snapper, macademia nut crusted mahi, butterfish (a first for me - yum!), U10 scallops, and pesto risotto were all amazing. We also shared several desserts across our party. The family-style serving was a unique treat for this level of high end dining, and let us try several items on the diverse menu. One additional accolade, the service was GREAT -- attentive and friendly! When I return to the area, a meal at Roy's will be a must-do during the trip.

1 Thank Lily F
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Great Meal with Fabulous Service”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently ate at Roy's for dinner on a business trip. We arrived late without a reservation and were seated right away. The ambiance is very upscale and inviting.

They have a vast wine list with an impressive selection and wide variety of types and origins. They also have quite a few unique "in-house" mixed drinks.

The menu had a great deal of variety to choose from with lots of main course options. We opted for an appetizer sampler canoe, that was wonderful. The appetizer was well presented with a mix of Asian fusion options as well as some sushi options. The medley included some highly seasoned ribs, lobster pot-stickers, tuna, salmon etc.

For a main course I opted for the Roy's Trio. I was really surprised when the meal arrived, with each option of the trio in it's own compartment with accompanying sauce. The crusted Butterfish was particularly outstanding.

Of course the service was outstanding and very prompt. Our waiter was very helpful in clarifying some of the meal options as well as making some excellent wine recommendations.

1 Thank ehowman
Tampa, Florida
“Gettin' all fanzy.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

normally I'm a pub/pizza kinda guy, but we got a giftcard for this place so we went, even got all dressed up...well, does a hawaiian shirt count? Anyways. The service was really good and the foos was amazing. I got a sushi roll and it was outta this world. Just a cool place.

Visited April 2012
Tampa, FL
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Recently scheduled a group meetup here and I will definitely be going back. I tried the Grilled Chicken Breast Apricot, Bacon & Gouda Gratineé, and Sweet Potato Puree with Ginger Brandy Jus. Didn't care for the apricots but loved the rest. Also tried the Lobster Pot stickers and they were delicious. I will be getting them again the next time I go. Also tried their version of the Pineapple Upside Down Cake and I will say it is a must have when you go. The service was good and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. Worth the money.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Roy's? Share your experiences!