“Healthy breakfast in Downtown Tampa”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #24 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Loved the menu options for breakfast for this large cafe. It was busy but many tables available for a Saturday morning in early Feb. We wondered where people were going for breakfast when we set about looking from Hotel Tampa location. The hotel restaurant was way too expensive and not as healthy as this place. I was so impressed I took pictures of our meals. I had a fritatta that had broccoli and cheese with a side of field greens and homemade wheat toast. So yummy and filling! My husband had the turkey hash with fried eggs and a side cup of freshly cut mixed fruit. Fresh tasting orange juice and coffee and we were set to board our cruise!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I know I am usually a tough critic when it comes to food and restaurants, but this time I must say that First Watch in the corner of Dale Mabry and Fletcher Ave has been consistently delicious for years in a row. My entire family loves this place. It has great food overall. The menu is huge for breakfast and they are always willing to accommodate for my picky eater. Of all the things I tried (loved them all) by far - my all time favorite is the Bocado Omelet...mmmm. My son loves the huge chocolate chip pancake off the kids menu and I often find my husband ordering the Eggs Benedict which looks super good.

The serving staff is friendly and attentive, although the host is not the happiest (maybe not an early morning person). The tables are not the largest, unless you get a big booth, but they are not super cramped either. And he restaurant is kept very clean considering the big crowds.

Be prepared to wait a good 30-50minutes on a Sunday or a Holiday. Asides from the host and the tables, the other reason I don't give it a 5 star is because knowing that they always have these huge turn-ups they should not only have free coffee for the waiting folks, but they should also have more than one bench to sit outside. Other than that... all is good.

Enjoy a great meal here!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were staying @ the Sheraton post-Gasparilla & did not want to eat at the hotel....was glad to find a familiar restaurant within walking distance for a quick & healthy breakfast! All was good & we got there in the nick of time Sunday as the place got mobbed just as we were leaving!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Has a very extensive menu for being open only til 3:00. We had lunch yesterday but is more famous for it's breakfast menu. Food is excellent and wait staff very attentive.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Took 5 others to early morning breakfast. Everyone ordered something different - mainly egg oriented though.

Portions seemed fine and adequate. The food was simply average, at best. Nothing stuck out as great or awesome. The breakfast potatoes were very bland and undercooked.

Service was above average, albeit forgetful at times (forgetting coffee or drink needs).

Atmosphere is bright and welcoming and is conducive to table discussions.