“Sinful...in the best way”

Harry Waugh Dessert Room at Bern's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 70 Dessert in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Sinful...in the best way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This place is truly perfect. Very private seating (in old wine barrels). Quiet, cozy, sexy setting. Phenomenal dessert menu and spirits. Bananas foster is the best on the planet. My personal favorite is the the banana bread pudding. A lighter choice and best after the lobster is the kiwi strawberry tart. Grab a bottle of champagne, grab your loved one, and grab a sinful dessert...then go home and keep the sinful party going.

I love this dessert room!

The Woodlands, Texas
“Fun dessert experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went to the dessert room after dining at Bern's! What a fun experience! The excellent service extended from the main restaurant to the dessert room. The waiter was funny and engaging, yet professional. Our son thought this was such a unique experience!

Visited January 2014
Middleburg
“Sinfully tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Perfect compliment to the great dinner we had downstairs at the Steakhouse. My only complaint is that I could not try one of everything!

Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Dessert Restaurant, Need I say More”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been here twice and I have had the best sundae ever twice. I will drive the extra hour from MCO to arrive in TPA just to go to this place for dessert. It is nestled in one of TPA finest steak houses, of which I have never eaten, and its mystery, history, and selection make this place one to never forget.

The homegrown ice cream loaded with hot macadamia nuts and homemade fudge along with a homemade waffle bowl is an experience I would like to relive on a weekly basis.

The first time I went I had no idea what I was doing. We were under dressed and out of place, but none the less, the hostess quickly pushed us to the second floor Harry W dessert room where we were greeted with some very friendly staff who explained the history behind this place. It is just all part of the experience and when it culminates with what is the best ice cream sundae, there is truly nothing more that I can say.

The second time we went a little too late and had to wait on a Saturday evening about 1.5 hours for my sundae. I thought for sure it would not be as good after having to wait so long. When i took the first bite, I knew that I had made the right decision to wait for what was another great dessert experience.

If only other places in the US were like this in regards to service, ambiance, and quality, many of us may enjoy a wonderful experience when eating dessert more frequently.

• Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Save room for desert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Delicious fresh-made deserts along with a an enormous after dinner drink menu make the Henry Waugh room a must after dinner down stairs. Cozy boothes are a nice touch for couples.

Visited June 2013