“Cozy and romantic”

Ranked #1 of 64 Dessert in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of the most famous, and popular, aspects of Bern's Steak House is its dessert room. Here guests can enjoy a leisurely and intimate end to their dining experience choosing from nearly 50 dessert choices to more than 1,000 dessert wines and spirits. The Harry Waugh Dessert Room was built as a tribute to Mr. Harry Waugh, an internationally known and respected wine connoisseur, director of Chateau Latour and good friend to Bern Laxer. Waugh's books and personal diaries on wine tasting are well known throughout the world.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A lovely and private dessert experience. The upstairs is divided into cozy little private rooms, each with music you can control. The desserts were varied and each one very good. The dessert wines are also varied but rather expensive but I love ice wine so much that I paid the ridiculous price. Prices are the reason I can't rally give it a "5".

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The desserts are first class, many of which are prepared at your table as you watch. The restaurant also includes the world's largest private wine collection, so no matter how many times you come, you can always try something different. You and your party are seated in a semi-private dining table, which is nearly enclosed to offer some privacy, and each room has its own music machine with a handful of pre-programmed selections to improve the ambiance. Note: even though this is in the same building as the steakhouse, it requires separate reservations.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've been here for my birthday and I took my daughter here for a good report card....This is the best spot for dessert! I love how every table is like a little cocoon, very private! Low lights and the piano in the background this is a great date place. The taste of the desserts I can only say "orgasmic"! The ice cream is best taste you have ever put in or mouth. Like I said before, this is the best spot for a date with the person you love or like....just make sure they love dessert, because you want to be able to share your sweetness!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I guess my expectations were a little too high. After hearing for years what a great experience Harry Waugh's is, I decided to save a little room after our dinner at the steak house. We got the dessert sampler and took a taste of everything, but really only found the macadamia ice cream good enough to finish (and it is VERY good). The coffee was weak and disappointing and no refills were ever offered.

2  Thank leppaenat
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Berns has the best desert in Tampa. The macadamia nut ice cream is to die for. We went for a post thanksgiving day dinner and were not disappointed.