“Special Evening”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

You cannot make a reservation for the Dessert Room if you aren't dining at Bern, but you can stop in as a walk-in and see if there is an available table. We went from dinner but saved room for dessert because we wanted to enjoy the experience. We love the decor and the hideaways made out of wine casks. Private and romantic. There is an extensive dessert menu to please all desires. Both desserts we tried, the pineapple cake and the spice cake, were delicious and presented beautifully. Service was friendly and not instrusive.

There are newer reviews for Harry Waugh Dessert Room at Bern's Steak House

Reviewed March 28, 2013

we went up after eating. After a wait were served COLD coffee. Service was VERY slow...
Go there if you have time to wait for them to come by

6  Thank Dale K
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The macadamia nut sundae is really spectacular and large enough for several people to share. It must have magical properties because my wife said "yes" when I proposed there 24 years ago. We return frequently and have NEVER been disappointed. The Bern's cappuccino is spectacular and the wines by the glass can be extraordinary. Tip: remember to tip a full amount (as there is no service charged, as there is downstairs).

Reviewed March 21, 2013

After a pretty lousy experience at Bern's our experience at Harry Waugh's was much better. Desserts were beautifully presented. Good after dinner beverage selection and our server was wonderful. This made it easy to tip fully on a large bill rather than pay a mandatory portion like at Bern's. The room is really a gimmick but they pull it off well.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place after reading all the wonderful reviews and seeing that it's rated the #1 restaurant in Tampa on TripAdvisor. Not sure what others are raving about. We went there mid week. The exterior isn't very pretty or inviting. Once inside we were taken upstairs to the dessert room. The booths are very cute being so private and secluded. The service was pretty good. But the desserts were way overpriced. My husband had the Taste of Berns. Neither one of us was impressed and for $16.50 we thought it was a HUGE waste of money. I had the sea salt caramel vanilla parfait which actually was very decadent and tasty, however, for $12.95 that was way overpriced as well. I had a hot tea and my husband had a cappucino. Our entire bill was almost $43 and that was just for the 4 items mentioned above. We would definitely NOT recommend this to anyone and would not go back. Based upon our experience at the dessert room I don't think we'd ever try the steakhouse. A HUGE disappointment.

4  Thank Liz C

Been to Harry Waugh Dessert Room at Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!