“Upbeat, fun atmosphere”

Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 2,452 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a unique restaurant concept where atmosphere, culture and food blend perfectly into one. The flare and flavors of Spain are carefully blended together to create a unique dining and entertainment experience.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ceviche is my go-to place when I have people in town and we want good food, but something not super fancy. I've been here multiple times and have always had a good experience. It can be a little loud on a Friday night, so I wouldn't recommend going here if you want serious conversation. It's a fun place to go with friends, order tapas, drink sangira, and listen to live music. The food comes out quick, so you can easily order tapas as your please. The pesto dipping sauce and bread they give you is like crack! They have a ton of different ceviches on the menu, recently I got the ceviche de gambas and it was to die for! The only thing with any tapas restaurant is that you're fooled by the prices, $10 small plates add up. The only thing on the menu that I didn't like was the sushi grade tuna (can't remember which one) which came with capers. I love love love tuna, but I couldn't even eat this as it was extremely saltly and "caper-y".

I would recommend not sitting at the lounge tables. The table is extremely low and makes it awkward to eat. Overall I like Ceviche and will defnitely be back again.

1  Thank CarlyM24

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Ceviche is very overrated. The quality of the dishes is extremely uneven, with a few excellent dishes and many mediocre ones. We waited 50 mins for a table. When we were seated, the service left a lot to be desired. While the new location has a wonderful atmosphere, it was so loud I couldn't hear my dinner companion sitting across the small table. The biggest problem is that we were assured certain items were gluten free (we asked specifically), and they weren't (the gluten intolerant person got very sick from the food). When we contacted Ceviche a few days later (several times!) to complain, they didn't respond, which is outrageous. I will not be returning to Ceviche.

robinroberts717, Public Relations Manager at Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello Toronto Girl,

I just received notice of your poor Trip Advisor review of Ceviche Tampa. Am I correct in reading that your visit was December of last year? I wanted to get more details such as the server's name or a physical description, with whom you left messages that were unreturned, etc. I also wanted to know which items were served to you that we proclaimed gluten free. We have a sixty item gluten free menu list on our website that has certified by a nutritionist to not contain any gluten.

Any details would be helpful as we take these kinds of negative reviews and experiences very seriously so we can learn from our mistakes, correct our procedures and improve customer service.

Robin
Chief Marketing Officer
Ceviche

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Me and my boyfriend moved here 2 years ago and this used to be our favorite place to eat and We have recommended so many people to this place but ever since they relocated the service has been beyond awful! There is this girl with short black hair that works the patio every Friday that is down right mean to us every time we come. We would sit in her section and it would take her 15 minutes to acknowledge we were there and take our drink order. She would always give me dirty looks and was not friendly what so ever. We used to come here every Friday for date night and now we rarely come at all. It's such ashame because the food is amazing but she's so mean that we have found a new spot to go to. It was so bad I even complained to the manager and he totally disregarded what I said and I still see her here giving me the worst looks. Iv never been treated so horrible at a restaurant before until I came here. What ashame. If your looking for good food and good service go to ciccios. If your looking for good food and a server that makes you feel unfortable....ceviche is the spot for you!

robinroberts717, Public Relations Manager at Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Lex,

I saw your comments about one of the servers at Ceviche Tampa and I am very disappointed to say the least. I am checking with management to see who was working the patio and please be assured that we will be addressing this internally. It is never acceptable for a staff member to make our guests feel anything less than 100% welcomed. I would like to invite you back to Ceviche and I hope that we can convince you to love us again. If you would email me your address, I will send you a gift card to use on your next visit. Also, I want you and your boyfriend to have the best experience possible so ask for Ahmed or Renee, they are GREAT!

Thanks,

Robin, CMO

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went here for an office gathering. It was when the one that used to be on SOHO. It was an interesting vibe and setting. The food was good, spicey, but that's to be expected. We were at these "lounge" tables. The table was at our knees sitting in a chair which is really awkward to eat.

Hi SoFlo9,

We are glad you and your office mates chose Ceviche Tampa however, I am sorry you did not like the lounge seating setup. I wanted to make sure you knew that we have lots of different areas and ambiance settings within the restaurant. On your next visit, please ask the hostess for a proper dining table in the main restaurant or perhaps a seat on our tropical patio.

Ceviche hopes to see you again soon!

Thanks,

Robin, CMO

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

From the food to the scene. This place is well managed with great service. Unmatched tapas with huge menu selection and fantastic tastes. Romantic Patio and live music inside. This place is fantastico.