“Good ol' B-B-Q”

Ranked #383 of 2,579 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This place is legit. Every time I come here it is like a new experience in a good way. Everything is always made fresh to order and is very delicious. It isn't too expensive and the staff is extremely nice. A really cool place for a great lunch and great dinner.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Each year on our visit to Tampa from Pennsylvania we try to dine at three or four barbecue restaurants. This is by far the best we've had! The ribs were very meaty and juicy! I was glad that the sauce was served on the side, for I did not find it necessary to use any sauce at all; the slow smoked flavor of the meat was all I needed- no sauce required! My husband ordered the pulled pork, and he was equally impressed with his meal. The sides were also quite tasty. Don't let the outside appearance or small size fool you -- this is barbecue with big time flavor!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've tried it all now. The pulled pork, the ribs, the sausage, the beef. Everything was incredible. Tart and tangy sauce and the spicy has just the right amount of kick without being overpowering. Had an event in Tampa one weekend and went every day. Don't miss out on the pineapple tea! They flavor their sweet tea with pineapple and it's out of this world.

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Big John's BBQ is one of the BBQ restaurant you must put on your list. I would advise that you call ahead to place your order, especially on Fridays and Saturdays. I have always gotten my order to go because the crowd is usually large. You can look their web site up by their name and it provides the menu. Be careful of the sweet potato pie. It will certainly give you a sugar rush.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you like good BBQ and country cookin you need to go to Big John's. I love the collard greens and green beans etc. When I'm in Tampa for business I usually have lunch here

Been to Big John's Alabama BBQ? Share your experiences!