“Excellent Evening at Mangroves”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mangroves - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mangroves
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
FL Keys
“Excellent Evening at Mangroves”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. I do not know if I have ever had a better dining experience. Everything we ordered came from the nightly special menu. The scallop appetizers were perfectly seasoned and cooked and the bed of risotto on which they were served was excellent. We then had the blue mango salad. The vegetables were all fresh and flavorful and the homemade dressing was truly special. We then shared the Chilean sea bass which was also cooked to perfection. This was a spectular dining experinece from start to finish and the service was excellent! Our waiter was knowlegable and attentive without ever being intrusive. We do not live in Tampa but I cannot imagine ever returning to the area without a return visit to Mangroves.

• Visited December 2012

“Awesome dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been to Mangroves many times over the years, and I have always been impressed with everything from the food and atmosphere to the service and wine list. Recently, I visited the restaurant again for a dinner with girlfriends. I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the new and innovative renovations. As always, it was a fun and lively scene, and the food was top-notch. The tuna tartare is one of my favorite appetizers, as welll as the truffled mac and cheese. And the sea bass is amazing -- melts in your mouth! We had outstanding service the entire night and the staff was so knowledgable. I will definitely be be coming back to try their new Sunday brunch, as well. One of the girls in our party had tried the brunch and she had wonderful things to say about the truffled scrambled eggs and West Coast Toast. I will definitely be back to try that soon! Mangroves is one of the few places in Tampa that has it all: excellent food, a beautiful atmosphere, great service, dancing, etc.

• Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Amazing atmosphere, food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant! My husband and I were there on a Saturday night for a friend's birthday party, and we had such a great time that we came back again during the week for a date night. The entrees and appetizers blew us away! I highly recommend the Chilean sea bass, as well as the filet mignon if you're in the mood for steak. Combine a knowledgable and friendly staff with a beautiful and lively atmosphere, on top of the outstanding food, and you have a recipe for success. I would highly recommend this restaurant and lounge to anyone looking for a fun and delicious dining experience. We will be back -- probably within the next few weeks!

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Worst Service Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Our company made reservations over a week in advance for a group of 22 and requested the White Room specifically because we needed quiet and privacy. When we arrived we were told the White Room was full and so they set up tables for us on the mezzanine by the night club!!! COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!! We have been to Mangrove's quite often for small business dinners, but never again. These service and attitude we received were reprehensible. We were even told that they had a busy night before and that they were out of several entrees, desserts, appetizers, etc. This was a group of CEO's from all over the world. Our Group CEO and CFO were so embarrassed. We will never go the Mangrove's again, neither should you.

• Visited October 2012
“Big city feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Mangroves has a good atmosphere and energy, has that big city feel. Menu has a good range price wise and selection, you can make this a fine dinning event or a light bite to eat before walking to the bars on SoHo. Wine list is ok, we brought a bottle ($15 corkage fee) I had the twin lobster tails ($39) and my wife had the chicken ($19) . Valet parking and a quaint free standing building. Place never disappoints. Dress is a business casual.

• Visited September 2012