“Special Outing”
Review of Armani's

Armani's
Reserve with OpenTable
Armani's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courtney Campbell Causeway SR60 Exit Bayport Dr.
Description: Known for its authentic Northern Italian cuisine, Armani's restaurant features a fresh, sophisticated design and an atmosphere ideal for a romantic dinner for two, a get-together with friends or an upscale business function. With floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Tampa Bay, guests can take in spectacular panoramic views during dinner and enjoy a drink on the outdoor patio before or after their meal. Armani's signature antipasto bar allows guests to create their own first course from a selection of more than 30 chilled delicacies. Armani's "Primi Piatti" menu includes vegetarian, pasta and soup selections, while main courses range from veal scaloppini, with flavors that celebrate the truffle, to seasonally inspired Chef creations. Armani's chefs can cater to any dietary restriction and offers a wide variety of Gluten Free options or selections that can be prepared Gluten Free. Armani's also features a lounge with live piano music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and indulge in our "Tramanto a Armani's Sala" menu featuring a $7 weekly craft cocktail, discounted wines by the glass and a selection of appetizers. Available Monday - Thursday, from 5:30pm - 7:00pm, in the lounge only.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Armani's is located on the top floor of the Hyatt overlooking the water. The location and views are spectacular. My husband and I came here for our anniversary. It was very expensive, delicious, but with small portions. We left with a huge bills and partially filled stomachs. We would return again but only for a special occasion.

There are newer reviews for Armani's

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is one of the great, well-kept secrets in Tampa. A spectaculr view of the bay with amazing Italian food and atmosphere to match! If you live in Tampa and have never been or are visiting and just staying at the Grand Hyatt Tampa, visit Armanis on the top floor!!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

As we stayed at the Grand Hyatt, we asked the concerige if there was a dress code. He said while jackets not required, pants and nice shirt should be worn. I only brought shorts and t-shirts so I had to go out and buy pants and shirt. The wife and I were not very pleased when we witnessed numerous men in shorts, t-shirts and sandals. Thanks a lot concerige.
Our room was a few floors below this Italian restaurant. We complaind to the concerige of a food odor that permeated our floor. On entering the restaurant, we were confronted with the same smell and it wasn't a nice smell. Would not go back for that reason alone.
Bar and bartender were very good. They have a great deli selection as a starter or main meal. Food was good. Service just shy of excellent. Piano player is a nice touch. Great night time view.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place lives up to its (unrelated) name and exemplifies if the clothing company had a restaurant. The decor is chic and sophisticated with 270 degree views of the bay and downtown. The food is eclectic with an Italian emphasis. Started with the antipasti and my advice is to "choose yourself" as the chefs choice was minimal compared to those who walked up to the counter and actually picked what they wanted. The seafood friti was good- a little spicey but the scallops were gigantic. The bread and hummus combo was not very good. The place is a little pricey but the service and wine list may be the best in Tampa...

Reviewed September 8, 2012

As I was staying at the Grand Hyatt and felt like staying in, I decided to try their signature restaurant, Armani's. The welcome was friendly & professional and as I arrived a little early, I was seating in the lobby area while my table was being prepared. It was not long before I was seated and could start enjoying the spectacular view. Soon after being seated I was offered water and some warm wheat bread was brought to the table served with a chickpea puree - yummy!

The menu was a challenge as there was so much I liked, but eventually I opted to start with the Antipasta Platter of my choice at $19. The selection was immense and at that price represented good value - not only the preparation, but the quality of the ingredients was superb. I enjoyed this with a glass of Italian Chardonnay from Antinori, which complimented all the various flavours of the Antipasta.

The Antipasta is really a meal on its own and I should have moved straight onto Dessert, But instead I ordered the Osso Buco ($39), which was served with a Saffron Risotto. The Osso Buco was falling off the bone and melted in the mouth and combined well with the risotto. I washed this down with a glass of Barolo from Marchesi di Barolo - an excellent choice. The first wobble of the night occurred at this point as the wine took awhile to arrive and I was halfway through my Entree. The wine list is very impressive.

I ended the evening with an Apple Tart with a cup of coffee. Both were very good.

The second wobble of the evening occurred when I was presented with the check, while still eating my dessert, which I found strange even though the server did say "take your time". As I was given a comment card, I noted my two wobbles and handed it in as I left the restaurant. Within 5 minutes of leaving the restaurant, the Manager tried to call me to address my issues - I was out, so he left a message. This morning I found a note from him (Mehdi Natanzi) apologizing that they had failed to exceed my expectations. He further advised how they were going to make up for this - their prompt action is an example to the service industry!

Hyatt strives not to meet your expectations, but to exceed them.

When in the Tampa area again, I will certainly revisit Armani's and can highly recommend it especially for a special occasion.

Despite the two small issues, which were immediately addressed