“Great with a Side of Friends”

Mise En Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mise En Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hyde Park Avenue
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The hubs and i had dinner with my cousin and her friend and it was just a wonderful evening. This restaurant is lovelier inside than the photos on the website indicate. The menu is dense & diverse as is the wine list. We enjoyed 2 great wines with our parade of courses and everything I had was exceptional (lobster sous vide, grilled shrimp and arugula salad) Some might have found the service a little slow but I was enjoying the languorous pace while catching up with my favorite cousin. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dishes (2 of them totally cleaned their plates).
I would definitely return on another visit to Tampa.

2  Thank MrsH0dges

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Not far off the interstate and with easy streetside parking behind and adjacent to a delightful
venue you will find Mis en Place. The hummus appetizer was a meal in itself and enough for
four. Our salads and entre were a delight along with a lovely glass of Chateauneuf de Pape.
A great place for lunch and the adjacent book store and housewares store fun to browse thru.

1  Thank bgrisaitis
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have always loved dining here - over the years Marty and Maryann have put out exceptional food with a flair. Years ago this was THE place to see and be seen. I feel the place needs a major facelift, and knowing those two owners I bet that is in the works.

Put aside the above-mentioned challenge, and I can assure you the menu is JUST as creative and exciting as it was 5 or 10 years ago. I stopped by for lunch alone just this week, and enjoyed a wonderful masala style chicken entree with flavors that POPPED off the plate. Here I copy & pasted the exact menu description: MASALA BARBEQUE CHICKEN, SAFFRON GINGER MASH, CASHEW SAUTEÉD KALE, COCONUT RAITA

The textures of all these foods worked wonderfully together, and I wanted nothing more after pairing it with a lovely glass of Saint Roch Rosé from Provence. Service was a bit sporadic as they don't tend to have solo diners showing up lately it seemed so sat alone in the lounge area, and the hostess was great about getting things started for me.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant began as a small restaurant on Platt street in Tampa known for a great lunch and amazing dinner. It has blossomed into one of the better restaurants in Tampa with a wonderful location across from the University of Tampa. I love this place for everything that Chef Marty turns out of the kitchen from their signature dinners to the great sandwiches at lunch time. Daily specials are also intriguing.
I brought my daughter her for her first birthday as we celebrate the same birthdate! I wanted to start a new tradition!
Service and food are flawless. I have never had a disappointing meal or service here.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The dishes are always tasty and portions are not too large allowing one to have 3 courses or even graze with starters. Staff is knowledgeable and provides attentive service. Parking can be tricky at lunch