“Shuttle driver's recommendation”
Review of Bahama Breeze

Bahama Breeze
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When a shuttle driver says that a restaurant is not expensive, you really can't miss. I had read many reviews about Bahama Breeze in Tampa and on a stopover on route to JFK for a flight to Asia, my wife and I needed a nice, not too expensive restaurant to have a good meal and a few drinks. Bahama Breeze did not disappoint. The cocktails were fine (I recommend the Havana Hotel Special) and the food was very good. We try not to eat heavy dinners the night before we fly but it was hard given that there were so many interesting dishes to try. We settled for the ahi tuna stack, crab stack and the coconut shrimp. All were superbly prepared and plated and we found room to share the banana supreme dessert. No regrets there either. Makes me wonder about the odd negative review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,385)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a late dinner and Bahama Breeze was one of the only restaurants that stayed open until 2. The food was pretty good, I had the paella, wife had the special sword fish and both were excellent. We wanted seafood and Bahama delivered.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I went to Bahama Breeze for a date and had a great time. Every Tuesday and Thursday outside on the deck there is a guy who plays the guitar and sings. He sounds so much like Jimmy buffet. We had the Coconut Shrimp which were perfectly cooked and a few other appetizers that were all great! The view of the water made the night perfect.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Came here on the recommendation by the hotel desk clear; however, we also came here during a tropical storm; therefore, we did not sit outside :-) Everything was great; although, they were planning to close early due to the storm and limited number of people. That said, they did not rush us out the door, the food was great, wine was chilled and tasty, and we had a great time. Next time, I'll sit outside and enjoy the view.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We received a recommendation from our hotel for a fun place to eat on our last night in Tampa. When we arrived, live music was playing, the sun was going down over the water and there was a gentle breeze. They have a large selection of "specialty" drinks and dinner choices. We tried the chicken with cilantro pesto and a couple of appetizers - delicious! Our waitress was excellent!