“Great food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Florida
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to use one of our restaurant.com certificates that we had for some time. It was $25credit for spending $45. So, we were ordering on the high side trying to make up the $45, when there was only two of us. Beer was buy one, get one during happy hour, which was great.
I ordered Pollo Iberico, a chicken breast with a red pepper and cheese on top with a fantastic sauce over it. It came with a roasted potato and nice mixed veggies. My husband ordered Paella Valenciana, a seafood dish of mussels, shrimp and chicken over Spanish rice. Halfway through the dinner we were told they no longer honored the gift certificates. I guess we should have asked first, but we put it on the table, and obviously the waitress saw it because the manager came out to tell us they did not honor them anymore. The food was great. Service was good. We were seated in the bar, but they had a nice dining room area with tablecloths, but did not seat us there. In fact, no one was sitting in it. There were only us and one other table occupied. There is an outdoor area where people were having drinks outside.

Visited July 2014

Wesley Chapel, Florida
“First visit....excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've heard about this restaurant for some time and finally remembered to get there. Five adults and one child. Got there at 5:30pm on a Saturday. We were the only party in the restaurant but the bar area was busy due to the world soccer game just ending. That was a little noisy.
Service was great.

We all ordered from the Special for the night list. I recommend that list.
I ordered Seafood Goloso (lobster tail, shrimp, scollops, clams, mussels, in a super sauce). My wife had a whole snapper, sister had a steak, and brother-in-law had some type of rolled chicken. Everyone fully enjoyed their meal. My 7 year old Grandson had chicken fingers which he liked. He called the cheese cake "cheese-licious". I had the flan which was also very good.
We will go back soon.

• Visited June 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Alot of flavor, BUT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This local dining spot is a hidden spot. The food has a lot of flavor and food a plenty! Although, I was left feeling as though it was reheated and not prepared fresh to order. :( Service was adequate and friendly and the atmosphere was nice. The outside tables seemed to be reserved for the regular crowd, and the smokers. :(

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First visit, will return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

As a Spaniard I am always looking for that taste to my home so we decided to try this one out. In this first visit we just tried two or three dishes to feel the restaurant out and ck out the basics. We asked for Patatas Bravas , Patatas Ali oli and pulpo a la gallega. The patatas were well fried and cooked, a crispy exterior with a soft mashed potato interior the way it should be. I would add that using a better quality oil will give it the distinct and "perfect" flavour that they need to be truly Spanish fries. In many restaurants they forget this and dont understand the flavour that good frying oil produces. In the east coast of US I use Duck Fat restaurant in Portland Maine as the perfect understanding of this concept.
Both sauces Ali Oli and Brava were satisfactory although the Ali Oli lacked the small bite of garlic that it should have and the Brava sauce seemed more to a South American hot sauce, never the less both sauces accompanied the potatoes quite well.
The Pulpo a la Gallega is not serve in its traditional presentation but the flavour was good. The right amount of Paprika (Pimenton) contributed the right balance to the sharpness of the octopus. I would have preferred a better presentation as the potatoes should not be mixed with the octopus. The presentation should be transparent and clean with separate pieces. The way it was presented it hid the fact that it might have been overcooked a bit as the skin had broken, or that they were not prime pieces, it had way too much oil. The oil as well as the pimento should be sprinkled not made as a stew.
The restaurant offered a nice ambiance and the service was excellent. But please get a better violin player the one last nite was killing cats!The prices are reasonable. We will come back try other dishes.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MAGGG
Tampa, Florida
“Hidden gem in New Tampa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Cafe Ole is tucked away in a strip mall and easily passed by. If you are lucky enough to try it you will savor great and inventive food with sumptious sauces. This restaurant never disappoints.

Visited January 2014