“Jerk chicken was great!”
Review of Zelda's Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zelda's Cafe
Ranked #523 of 2,416 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
tampa
“Jerk chicken was great!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here for jamaican food. We didn't see any on the menu and our waitress told us that everyday they have differrnt specials and today they had jerk chicken. Obviously that's what we ordered at 8 $ a plate. We did wait a while for our food, but I was fine with that. The cafe is nicely decorated and clean. You can dine in or order out as well as patio seating. You can also order breakfast any time of day. The portions are large. The jerk chicken was supperb served with red beans and rice and veggies. I did not really like the assortment of veggies, but next time I will try the potatoe salad inatead. The jerk chicken was soft and could be pulled apart with your fork. Well seasoned. The only thing I did not like is that I got part of the chicken back and it had lots of little bones that broke off into the jerk sauce. Either way this place is excellent and I will be back for more specials as well as a Cuban.

• Visited August 2013

Lakeland, Florida
“Love Zelda's”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Oh, my gosh, I almost hate to write about how good this is because when the word gets out, it will be hard to get a table. I have had breakfast here several times, and the grits are the creamiest, tastiest I've ever had in a restaurant--beaten only by my brother's yellow grits cooked slow and garnished with cheese. Makes you want to jump in and swim in them. The toast/bread here is homemade, I think, a nice, yeasty fresh bite. I always go for the spinach and feta omelette, and you will not believe how good it is. My last visit, the lunch special was fried chicken and the two table next to me reported it to be out of this world. Go, you will become a regular. By the way, easy off street parking, too.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Zelda's Cafe? Share your experiences!